Talk

Advanced search

3 weeks pregnant- can't stop worrying

(23 Posts)
mrsatkinson Fri 09-Jan-15 06:46:10

Hi everyone,
ive just found out Im about 3 weeks pregnant with my first child. We've been trying for months and typical... It happens when we've booked a holiday, i'm potentially getting a new job and we've decided to put it on hold for a few months.
However, since getting over the shock, we are both absolutely over the moon. I can't help but be worried something awful will happen.
someone I have told has told me to stop thinking like that and I know I should. I know I won't Google anything awful, I don't like focusing on negative. Do all expecting first time mum's feel like this?
Thank you smile smile

sleepybee Fri 09-Jan-15 07:03:39

I found out at just over 3 weeks & it was when we'd decided to take a break from trying as had some other things going on. I'm a first timer & I haven't been worried, but I'm a pretty relaxed person anyways. I did take hpt tests until about 6-7 weeks, but then symptoms took over. I had really really bad nausea & sickness from 5 weeks. Have you had problems in the past? If so then I understand any anxiety this time, but otherwise you need to learn to relax as stress/worry not good for mum or baby. Have you visited your GP yet? I went as soon as I found out, she referred me to hospital & gave me a book etc. then within a week I had letter from hospital with my booking appointment & 12 week scan appointment. You can then put any worries to your GP who can reassure you

mrsatkinson Fri 09-Jan-15 07:23:27

Thank you, that's all really helpful. I got in touch with my go straight away who put me in touch with the midwives. A.midwife is coming to see me on Sunday and i'm sure she'll.put my mind to ease. I'm quite a.worrier as it is, and I don't really have any medical problems I'm aware of that make me.of higher risk of problems. I'm just so anxious for everything to be ok! I'm my own worst enemy!confused

skyra13 Fri 09-Jan-15 07:27:23

I think it is normal to feel like that, I am currently 27 weeks I remember checking my pants every time I went to the toilet!! Once the first scan was over I calmed down a bit smile
I have now come to realise that if something does go wrong then its something that is beyond my control.
People are surprised at how calm I have been smile
Good luck and try not to worry not good for you or your little bean in there. smile

booboobeedoo11 Fri 09-Jan-15 19:18:38

Hey...I'm exactly the same, I just got a bfp with my second (first has just turned 11!) and AF wasnt due til tomorrow. With my first I was on the pill and still had periods for the first two months, ended up when I went for my first scan I was 19 weeks 5 days! So as I've found out really early this time (was planned) I feel really nervous! I don't even get to see a midwife for my booking in til I'm 8 weeks on. So happy but so scared as its this early!

mrsatkinson Fri 09-Jan-15 20:20:49

I've calmed down a bit now. I just keep thinking I'm doing everything I can, i'm young, fit and healthy, and if anything was to go wrong its not on my part and I need to stop stressing and just enjoy being pregnant.
grin x

Choccyhobnob Fri 09-Jan-15 23:37:42

I'm 4 weeks pregnant with my first and am trying not to get too excited as worrying something will go wrong. Same situation as you we stopped trying and booked a holiday which we now won't go on! Wish I had an appointment or something to focus on but in my area you do an online form and a midwife contacts you when you're 8-10 weeks! That's forever away! GP just said yeah we don't see you, just register online with the hospital! X

spongebobscardypants Fri 09-Jan-15 23:46:42

Why would you cancel your holiday? Unless it's during last trimester I would still go and enjoy the sun and relaxation.

mrsatkinson Sat 10-Jan-15 07:40:42

It will be in my final trimester. its mid June which is the third trimester.

It would kill me having to wait that long. I think I'll most likely pay for a private scan at around 8 weeks.
I'm really lucky the midwife is seeing me on Sunday and I only found out on Wednesday.
that will be a huge help for me.
Once again, thank you everyone xgrin

chloetaylor Sat 10-Jan-15 08:22:47

I'm 4 weeks pregnant,but this is my second so i know your fears.There are ups and downs,but in the end it's so worth it. stay possitive !!!

Jaffakake Sat 10-Jan-15 08:28:52

Yep, first time round I just wanted to go to bed & stay there for 9 months! You'll get into the groove of it, but still have some worries till that baby is in your arms. But by the time you're doing it for the second time, you totally forget you're pregnant till you bump into something cos you're massive!

luckiestgirlintheworld Sat 10-Jan-15 17:37:03

Congratulations! Enjoy! We all worry, just give your self a talking to when you get anxious.

expectantmum79 Sat 10-Jan-15 17:42:47

40 weeks, 2nd pregnancy and the worry is still there. Preparation for the next 18 yrs or so though.x

ShootTheMoon Sat 10-Jan-15 18:39:59

Congratulations smile

Why don't you join the antenatal thread for your due month? You'll find lots of kindred spirits I'm sure. But it does get better after things look ok at the scan. And I'm afraid you never really stop worrying - even when they arrive you worry about the simplest of things!

mrsatkinson Sat 10-Jan-15 22:41:07

Thank you shootthemoon, brilliant suggestion smile have joined now xx

seaoflove Sat 10-Jan-15 22:45:44

The first trimester is terrifying. The first six or so weeks is just awful - being scared to go to the loo in case you see blood, etc. I've done it twice and it doesn't get any easier. You just want to fall asleep and wake up when you're past 12 weeks and all is well.

FWIW, second time around was even worse than the first and I was driving myself mad with worry. Ended up booking a private scan at 7 weeks because I knew if there was a heartbeat, the odds of having a miscarriage was massively reduced. It helped a lot.

ShootTheMoon Sat 10-Jan-15 22:47:18

grin

If it helps, I'm specifically thinking of booking a holiday in June - I have to travel overseas with work anyway (until I'm not allowed to fly anymore). I certainly wouldn't go camping or do anything really arduous but I wouldn't have a problem travelling at 6/7 months. With the right insurance though obviously.

eurochick Sat 10-Jan-15 22:52:08

Most airlines let you travel up to 28 weeks and for a few more weeks after that with a doctor's letter so you might well be able to go. My baby did 4 long haul flights, 2 medium and two short haul flights, plus 2 Eurostar journeys in utero. I flew up to 28 weeks at which point an issue was discovered meaning my daughter needed to be born early, but were it not for that, I might have done another short haul trip later on.

ShootTheMoon Sat 10-Jan-15 23:06:25

If I remember rightly, BA let you travel to 35 weeks, but ask that you have a letter from your GP stating your due date and good health after 30 weeks.

mrsatkinson Sun 11-Jan-15 07:08:52

We've already cancelled. I'd be a wreck anyway. I hate flying as it is and hot weather makes.me slightly anxious, pregnancy and holiday would be a terrible combination for me! plus well need the money! not bothered though, it's our wedding anniversary the month before so we can do something extra special then x

DropYourSword Sun 11-Jan-15 07:11:18

Wow, a midwife booking you in at 4 weeks...that's early!

Choccyhobnob Sun 11-Jan-15 10:01:55

I'm not going to cancel our holiday until after the first scan is all ok but it would be when I'll be 28 weeks pregnant, a bit of an action holiday - backpacking in Asia, just not the kind of holiday I'd want to do pregnant! We'll probably go somewhere nearer to home instead, like Italy as it's for my 30th bday and our anniversary so I still want a holiday!

Ktdnn83 Sun 11-Jan-15 13:59:13

Hi everybody ,
Wondering if anybody else has had a stitch on lower left hand side of stomache ! Was getting cramping a few days ago , that has stopped now it's a stitch! I'm so worried .
I am 3-4 weeks pregnant .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now