Talk

Advanced search

Dating & nuchal scan

(7 Posts)
HollyC255552 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:50:50

Hi ladies,

I had scan yesterday and everything is looking normal smile however wondered when your likely to hear the results from the nuchal part. Apparently if your 'high risk' you get a phone call, a text if your an 'intermediate risk' and if your 'low risk' you will receive a letter through the post. I was told this would be 2-5 working days.

Just wondered if anyone has experience of when they heard.

Thanks xx

applecore0317 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:56:52

I was told no news is good news, and if I don't hear anything after a week then I won't and it means low risk, which was then confirmed at my 16 week appointment

Bondy83 Thu 08-Jan-15 21:22:17

It should be on your scan report what the nuchal measurement was although I've no idea what is classed as normal. I also had bloods done after scan and received a letter few days later saying I was low risk. In previous pregnancy's I've always been given a ratio (ie 1:1000 chance of downs ) but in this pregnancy just been told low risk.

sleepybee Thu 08-Jan-15 22:04:00

I had the measurement done during 12 week dating scan & blood taken after. They told me I was low risk at the scan & I reviewed letter about blood result in the post.

Teeste Thu 08-Jan-15 22:16:59

My letter took about 2.5 weeks to come through, but the fold measurement at the scan was really low so I wasn't that worried. Definitely - no news is good news!

Wormatthebottomofthegarden Thu 08-Jan-15 23:17:52

I got all mine the same day, after the scan.

HollyC255552 Fri 09-Jan-15 07:12:46

Ok thanks ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now