Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waiting for a call from EPU

(16 Posts)
CarrotPuff Thu 08-Jan-15 12:44:39

Had some bleeding yesterday and this morning. Called EPU and they said they would see me but I need a GP referral. Went to GP, got the referral, she said someone from EPU will give me a call. She mentioned it's quite possible the scan would be over the weekend, but didn't say if I will get a call today, and I forgot to ask... any experiences??

blackwidow74 Thu 08-Jan-15 12:57:30

I would have thought you would get call today to fix scan time ... If you have heard nothing by 3 call them and ask them to check system for doctors referral ... its all done online so should be sitting there waiting!

Forester Thu 08-Jan-15 13:05:26

Sorry you are having this worry. Can you just go down to the EPU and wait to speak to someone? You would probably need to wait quite a long time but I'm guessing you don't want to be doing much else at the moment.

CarrotPuff Thu 08-Jan-15 13:14:04

Thank you both, I guess I'll just wait and see and if nothing will give them a call.

Unfortunately I can't just go there as I don't drive so the journey would take me about an hour one way, so don't want to do that just to find out they can't scan me today. And then I need to get back in time to pick up DS from nursery.

loopuloulabell15 Thu 08-Jan-15 15:43:10

Just wanted to say im in the same boat. Started bleeding tues eve, went to gp for a epu referral wed and didnt hear from them till today!! Tried ringing a bunch of times but was justtold they would be in touch. Scans now booked for tomorrow but am still bleeding dnt have much hope sad just keep pestering them!! Good luck

CarrotPuff Thu 08-Jan-15 16:24:20

I've just called them and they said they haven't received it yet hmm

They said if I don't hear from them by 9:30 tomorrow morning to call them again...

I saw the GP send the thing on whatever software they use, so surely they would have received it straight away? The lady at EPU said sometimes GPs fax the referrals at the end of the day, but she definitely didn't print anything...

I suppose there's nothing that can be done today anyway, so I'll just call them tomorrow. I hate this wait...

Good luck with your scan tomorrow loopu!

blackwidow74 Thu 08-Jan-15 18:45:50

Good luck to you both and crossing everything for you

NickyEds Thu 08-Jan-15 20:12:35

I had some heavy bleeding when pregnant with DS (13weeks), it was like the first day of a heavy period. It was at around 11pm and I went to A&E. Probably not the most sensible thing to do but I was terrified. They scanned me the next day and everything was fine. I was actually amazed but I was told that bleeding is quite common-some women bleed throughout their pregnancies.
Your wait must have been hellsad. Good Luck and keep at them about it-it's really not good enough

CarrotPuff Fri 09-Jan-15 10:34:58

Grrr, still nothing from EPU, called GP, it looks like they've sent a request for scan, but not the referral itself??! Now waiting for a call from bloody GP!

NickyEds Fri 09-Jan-15 10:53:30

angry angry on your behalf.

Firstimemummy15 Fri 09-Jan-15 16:06:58

Have you still not heard anything CarrotPuff? That really is poor if you haven't. thinking of you

CarrotPuff Fri 09-Jan-15 16:27:28

Finally got a call, but they won't scan me till Monday angry And sod's law, PILs are going away for 2 weeks tomorrow, so DP will have to take a day off to look after DS, and Monday is the worst day for it... Oh well, at least I know it's sorted.

They have asked me to come with a full bladder though, but I will only be 8+1 on Monday. I thought anything before 12w is an internal scan, as uterus is too deep in?

losthermind Fri 09-Jan-15 16:33:56

I had a scan yesterday at the epau department and measured 8 weeks, there was no need for an internal as they saw heartbeat immediately and where able to do all measurements. I made sure my bladder was full as well the fuller it is the better they see. Hope everything is OK on Monday, try not to stress over the weekend

sianilovesbeingamummy Fri 09-Jan-15 16:34:37

I had early scan at 6weeks, assuming it would be internal but they do external first and if finding things a struggle they will then do the internal. Hope all goes well for you

CarrotPuff Fri 09-Jan-15 16:46:00

Ah, thanks, that's good to know.

Trying to keep positive. Spotting is more continuous today, as opposed to just now and then like yesterday, but still the same colour, and no pain as such, so I keep holding on to hope...

Also I feel a bit more tired today again, and a thought of having peanut butter on crumpet made me feel queasy, so I'm hoping they are all good signs! grin

NickyEds Fri 09-Jan-15 21:18:32

These are good signs. When I was bleeding they said that it's pain that's the real concern not bleeding(I was really bloody concerned with the bleeding actually!). Good Lucksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now