Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what to do with maternity clothes?

(12 Posts)
fraggle84 Thu 08-Jan-15 12:21:23

Dd is due in 3 weeks and will be our last baby.

Just wondering what is the best thing to do with maternity clothes when i no longer need them?

Ive got a couple of nice bits from next and mothercare that i was going to list on ebay but will charity shops take the rest?

woodwaj Thu 08-Jan-15 12:46:19

You could ask your midwife she might know some women in need?

marmaladegranny Thu 08-Jan-15 12:50:38

Freecycle or Freegle are great ways of getting shot of all sorts of stuff! Round here there are often people offering or looking for maternity clothes… The great advantage is the they come to collect or meet you somewhere.

applecore0317 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:06:50

might be worth contacting a local women's shelter, they may have some pregnant women that could really use them

Cupcakes123 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:11:22

I ebayed all mine, I got nearly as much back as I paid for them originally. My stuff was mostly New Look & H&M

ArcheryAnnie Thu 08-Jan-15 13:50:03

I ebayed the good bits, and passed on the rest. I think asking a women's shelter is a great idea - I found my local one by googling.

Alby16 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:52:52

I would look to donate your local women's aid if u don't need the extra cash urself. Often the women who access the service turn up with nothing. A worthwhile service to support xx

Flingmoo Thu 08-Jan-15 14:02:55

I wear a baggy maternity jumper with leggings despite going back to size 8 pretty quickly post pregnancy, looks pretty cool IMHO, can't tell it's maternity, just looks like a long jumper :-) But yes, donating sounds like the kindest option!

sleepybee Thu 08-Jan-15 14:03:15

Charity shops would take them

Pootles2010 Thu 08-Jan-15 14:04:32

I donated mine to womens shelter. Sadly pregnancy is a very common time for domestic abuse to begin.

Annbag Thu 08-Jan-15 14:14:58

Either sell (eBay / preloved)
Freecycle
Charities will take them, there are some mum and baby charity shops or as others have suggested woman's refuges

Hygellig Sat 10-Jan-15 09:54:51

I freegled most of mine and put a few things on eBay. You can also sell them at NCT nearly new sales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now