Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help!!! I am I or am I not??

(12 Posts)
kelman13 Thu 08-Jan-15 11:55:47

New to this so apologies now!!
finished the mini pill end off November had very heavy and painful period on the 15th of December. We have an active sex life!grin grin Since boxing day I have felt not myself and had strange things happen to me! I feel Dizzy and have even fallen over, random headaches, I can't stop eating one day an then the next I'm nausea by the thought of food, feel so tired but struggle to sleep as too hot! bit hormonal/emotional. Went to the docs this morning and he tested my blood sugars and blood pressure and pregnancy test came back neg!sad he didn't know what was wrong with me an said I'll be back to my normal self in a few weeks! AF not due till Monday so could it still be too early to tell???

lmb21010 Thu 08-Jan-15 12:15:40

Be too early hun. I had a test done at the hospital a week after my period was due and it Was still really faint but positive.

CarrotPuff Thu 08-Jan-15 12:30:34

If your period was on 15th of December (I'm assuming it was the first day of your period?) there is no way you could have symptoms by Boxing day. It could be just your hormones adjusting after the pill.

Letmeeatcakecakecake Thu 08-Jan-15 12:53:38

I think it's entirely possible, depending on your cycle! I would have ovulated 8 days after my LMP (I generally have short cycles) to get the due date that I have been given at my dating scan.

Do a test :-)

pinkie1982 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:09:32

After I came off of the pill I felt funny for about 3 weeks. Headaches, feeling tired, ill. I think it was my body adjusting to normal hormones.

Within 7 weeks I was pregnant though smile

boatrace30 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:13:39

Also had lots of funny symptoms when I cam off the pill. bad headaches, hot and night etc. Was convinced I was pregnant... but it took a few months!

SpawningSalmon Thu 08-Jan-15 13:19:32

I disagree with Carrot. I had pregnancy symptoms almost immediately after conceiving- as crazy as it sounds. I nearly went mad testing myself and getting negative results when I was convinced I was. It cost me a fortune in tests the first time round so for DC2 I went straight onto ebay and bought a load of cheap testing strips. Tested myself daily for 2 weeks until that faint line finally FINALLY appeared! grin

Good luck!

M27J5M Thu 08-Jan-15 13:23:55

Some mini pills can give you pregnancy symptoms leading up to period for a few months, thought that's what was happening to me 6months ago as I hadn't had a period yet but nope today I'm 30weeks gone, Google or search on here the name of the pill you were on and you'll get more info

M27J5M Thu 08-Jan-15 13:25:30

It was cerazette I was on and it's pretty common with that 1

kelman13 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:26:41

Thank you guys! I'm so longing to get pregnant, I work as a nanny to four children and also have a step daughter and just want a little bundle of joy of my own! Will test again next week if period hasn't shown!! I just feel so weird not my normal self! it could just be all the hormones after stopping the pill! another quick question, should I start taking folic acid??

kelman13 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:28:30

I was on the Micronor but to be honest was very forgetful taking it in November and then we made the decision to come off an try to concieve!

CarrotPuff Thu 08-Jan-15 14:27:42

Yes to folic acid, they recommend taking it when you start TTC. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now