Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anxiety in pregnancy

(2 Posts)
knittingirl Thu 08-Jan-15 11:42:44

During my first pg I really struggled with anxiety. Not "will the baby be ok" type anxiety, but real, I can't watch the news, can't deal with anyone being sick or dying, can't read/watch anything remotely serious (more or less limited to Jane Austen novels and property programmes on TV) type anxiety. It went away pretty promptly after the birth so definitely pg related.

At the time, I didn't feel I could talk to anyone about it - if I mentioned anxiety people assumed it was about the baby and I couldn't bring myself to go into detail - that it was more about mortality/life/progression/faith/inability to cope with real world events.

I have just found out I'm pg with number 2 :D. I'm over the moon, but concerned that it'll happen again (which is probably making me anxious in itself...). Has anyone else been through this, or does anyone have any suggestions for anything I can do to help?

TIA

DinosaurTrain Thu 08-Jan-15 11:48:02

Had awful anxiety. But mine was related to the baby/the world I was bringing it into

I have sworn that when I do it again I will get rid of my smartphone (which makes it far too easy to be aware for me of terrible news stories, worrying research etc) and heavily focus on getting into positive baby focused things like prenatal yoga, birth hypnosis, time walking in nature etc and just distract distract distract from the negative...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now