Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 weeks and cold that won't shift. wwyd?

(4 Posts)
Belleende Thu 08-Jan-15 08:32:00

Hello I am new to all this so looking for some advice. I am 17 weeks and have been battling a cold since before Christmas. First it was nothing too bad, then shifted to my sinuses which made for a nasty few days, now seems to have sunk into my chest. I am waking at 3 am with a feeling that someone is pressing on my chest, and am getting a bit breathless even on resting. If I wasn't preggers I would ride it out, bit should I be doing something about it? I feel like poo. Totally wrecking my second trimester buzz.

Teeste Thu 08-Jan-15 08:44:42

Go see the doc, you may have an infection that needs antibiotics. Unfortunately, all the usual remedies for colds are out right now sad Hope you feel better soon though!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Thu 08-Jan-15 10:37:48

Sounds like you may have potentially developed a chest infection. Exactly the same happened to me over Christmas. Cold that wouldn't shift resulting in a sinus infection and chest infection necessitating antibiotics (I'm 14 weeks pregnant). If I were you id go to the Dr's, even if just to rule it out.

KeepSmiling83 Thu 08-Jan-15 13:39:12

I'd go to the drs too. I have had a cold since December. It developed into sinusitis over Christmas and I had a course of antibiotics. That has cleared up now but I've still got a cold and feeling pretty rubbish. Definitely worth checking its not a chest infection!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now