Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What type of mattress for baby?

(8 Posts)
nataliekristin Thu 08-Jan-15 05:33:00

I've just purchased the Mothercare Darlington cot and looking for a mattress now. However there are so many to choose from, from spring to foam to natural, I don't know what's best! Any recommendations?

blankfornames Thu 08-Jan-15 08:19:12

Bump! Interested in this topic also!

skyra13 Thu 08-Jan-15 08:34:00

To be honest I have gone for what I could afford they all will do the same job and don't get used for long so no point spending loads they wouldn't sell them if they didn't do what they was ment to do! I just have brought foam ones. I find whatever make you buy they all seem to be thin! smile

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Thu 08-Jan-15 08:36:09

I went for a sprung mattress purely because our sensor pad monitor said not to use with foam

bellaboo88 Thu 08-Jan-15 09:23:06

Agree with smiling, ive got the sprung due to sensor.

Smiling, have you set it up yet? Do u put it under mattress or zip off part? X

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Thu 08-Jan-15 09:29:00

I haven't set it up yet bella so don't know

lunalovegood84 Thu 08-Jan-15 09:33:51

I bought Cosatto Springi because it got very good reviews on a few sites and was quite reasonably priced for a sprung mattress. Baby seems quite happy with it!

skyra13 Thu 08-Jan-15 09:57:40

The sensors can be used with foam as 90% of baby mattresses for cribs are foam it is memory foam that can not be used the the sensors and baby shouldn't be aloud to co-sleep with you if you have a memory foam mattress as it is bad for baby!
Hope that helps abit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now