Talk

Advanced search

Please help.....sleep problems

(21 Posts)
lolaloco Wed 07-Jan-15 23:40:41

Currently 25 weeks not had problems with my sleep till now and I am at wits end feel like a mad women!
Currently sitting on sofa feeling sorry for my self while DH gets his beauty sleep snoring his head off!
Usually this does not bother me but the last few nights he seems to sound like a fog horn through the house it is driving me insane!!
We have a humidifier does not seem to be helping him, I used to be a really heavy sleeper but the past week I wake at any sound, or not sleep at all!
I have ordered some ear plugs but feels that these probably wont do the job, I think I may have to move into baby's room, but I don't want to end up feeling alone in my pregnancy and being apart from my DH.
Anyone got any tips or tricks to try that have helped them sleep?
Anyone els been a heavy sleep before pregnancy and now become a light sleeper?
I hate it I feel so grump an kind of sad don't want to take things out on DH that's why I'm now trying to sleep on the sofa just feeling a little low sad
Thanks for listening to my little ramble would love any advice!

Alby16 Thu 08-Jan-15 00:36:50

No tips or tricks I'm afraid but just wanted u to know I feel ur pain. 25 weeks also, bump seems to have got bigger all of a sudden and I can't sleep sad too hot, too cold, sore back, sore legs etc.

I am currently sitting in the living room watching all the worst programmes on TVsad

WilsonWilsonWoman Thu 08-Jan-15 00:44:24

Sat up watching the Krays because I really don't want to go to bed to just not sleep. 22 weeks and I am in so much discomfort right down the middle of my bump like it's stretching and muscles splitting down the middle or something. Yuck. sad

lolaloco Thu 08-Jan-15 02:28:13

I am not the only one then managed to get 2 hours then the dog kept chasing the cat so locked the cat outside now dog keeps whinning so he has been told off, this usually would never wake me!! Id like to go more then 2 hours an bot have to move or change position lol x

RL20 Thu 08-Jan-15 04:50:02

Hope you're feeling ok and not too down! With my partners shifts at work he has been starting at different hours through the morning, and most times when he's gone I lie awake watching rubbish tv and browsing mumsnet.. Just like I am now! It's like I have to make myself tired again. They do say it's your body preparing itself for the sleepless nights! The only advantage I do have is I now only work part time so I no longer have work early in the morning, I perhaps would feel more annoyed with my sleeping pattern if I still had to get up in the morning for work.
Wow tv during the night really is rubbish! I'm currently watching Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners or something. Not what I would normally watch during the day!
Oh and, I'm 25 weeks too (25+3) and I do feel a bit less lonely when I'm awake at this hour when I can feel baby kicking away smile
X

RL20 Thu 08-Jan-15 04:53:59

And lola, the cat seems to be nocturnal as when my partner goes to work, he's up and I can currently hear him running around in the hallway scratching or playing with something. He'll also occasionally jump on and off the bed just to make sure I'm still awake! (Well that's what I think anyway).
And also, don't you think you can hear so much more goings-on in the night?! I'm sure I can hear every branch blowing on the tree outside, and every car in the town!

Plateofcrumbs Thu 08-Jan-15 04:54:20

It's very common IME - I swear it's out bodies preparing us for the disrupted sleep to come!

Bondy83 Thu 08-Jan-15 06:56:24

You'll never be a heavy sleeper again it's nature's way I think you'll be awake with every slight movement your baby makes

lolaloco Thu 08-Jan-15 07:29:05

My DH does not like the fact I am going to spend a few night in the spare room, but I will be alot leas grumpy ad the sofa isn't great. Waiting for ear plugs to arrive!
Every sound seems to be so loud now the rain on the windows the god damn dogs nails on the floor think I may put some baby socks on his paws lol! Husband woke me at 6 as I get up to make his lunch for work so had about 4 hours sleep unbroken in the end woo!

Jodie1982 Thu 08-Jan-15 07:58:30

If ur sleeping then he really should've of left you to sleep! You need all the sleep you can get.
A few nights in babies room should help you to catch up on some ZZzzz's. But I'm sure it's natures way of preparing your body for the sleep deprivation when baby is here.

Hope you sleep better for a bit.

Jinglebells99 Thu 08-Jan-15 08:20:46

your dh should make his own lunch. Good grief. i can't believe he woke you at 6. Can't he move to the spare room if his snoring is bothering you?

skyra13 Thu 08-Jan-15 08:29:47

I don't find it fair for him to move into spare room he works full time long hours, were I currently don't work due to loosing my job a few months ago and seems no1 like the idea of employing a pregnant women, been to so many interviews!!
I like to get up early so I don't mind will probably have a nap this afternoon. Even though only had a few hours sleep i feel amazingly refreshed!

lolaloco Thu 08-Jan-15 08:33:02

That was me by the way before but on other account as I have this one on mobile as cant remember my details from pc lol

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Thu 08-Jan-15 08:34:37

29 weeks here and I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 2 hours at a time and I hate to break it to you but it's only getting worse the bigger I get.

I find having a fan by my head at night helps, it keeps me cool and the white noise means I find dp's snoring and the dogs snuffling, the clock ticking, the boiler humming and the man 4 streets a way's breathing wink less annoying.

Teeste Thu 08-Jan-15 08:42:09

My DH snores like a champ, I've worn earplugs to bed for the last 10 years! Only way to get some sleep. However, since being up-duffed and waking up every few hours for a trip to the loo, it's been impossible for me to get back to sleep with that incessant snoring right next to me, even with the earplugs. So hubby has been relegated to the spare bed. It's very important you get some sleep at this point.

So yeah - separate rooms is the way to go, I'm afraid!

lolaloco Thu 08-Jan-15 09:03:46

I shall be moving to baby room it not decorates yet and we have a sofa bed for these kind of reasons so will be getting the topper out and setting up the bed, I really hate our bed so moving isn't really an issue for me I will prob spend most of my time in baby room when she born so dh can get sleep for work ill be breast feeding so no point in him waking up as well! Maybe should think about getting a proper bed if this turn out it will happen often.

RL20 Thu 08-Jan-15 20:19:53

Lola you're not the only one that was woken up in the night to make food! My mistake though as last night I said if he woke me up when he gets up (3.30am) then I would make his pack up for work as I couldn't be bothered before we went to bed! Oh how I regretted saying that! Especially as I couldn't get back to sleep until about 5am! X

BalancingStick Thu 08-Jan-15 20:58:57

I'm only 9+1 and my main pregnancy symptom has been insomnia. Its awful - I can cope with the nausea and the constipation but the insomnia is making me a sad person. I work full-time and have only just this week started a new job so nobody knows I'm pregnant and I'm having to hide how awful I'm feeling. 3-4 hours a night is not enough. Yesterday evening I called DH from M&S in tears - I was sooooo tired that I was just wandering aimlessly around the aisles, my eyes had stabbing pains in them and I felt dizzy. Literally felt like I couldn't make a decision about anything. DH was amazing - he came and picked me up, bought food, cooked dinner and then made me a hot chocolate before bed. I slept for the first time ever in the spare room (DH offered but I felt I'd sleep better in crisp clean sheets on the newly made bed!) - I slept for the first time in weeks for about 6-7 hours. I did wake in the night for an hour or so but fell back to sleep. I literally feel a renewed person today. I'm planning on sleeping in the spare room again tonight and will go back to our bedroom at the weekend. Its not ideal but for my health and sanity necessary at the moment!

Firstimemummy15 Thu 08-Jan-15 21:03:54

I'm 38+2 and like many of you getting minuted sleep, and when I do I'm snoring that badly I'm keeping the bf awake! I finished work last week so it's not so much of an issue now if I don't sleep through the night as can cat nap during the day. I'm literally up every hour to pee aswell, coupled with not being able to get comfortable and getting a blocked nose half way through the night! I think it's body just getting us prepared lol but can imagine that if this is already happening half way through pregnancy it can be frustrating. Hang in that, it roll be worth it in the end x

applecore0317 Thu 08-Jan-15 21:06:52

Has he tried breathe right strips, I made my husband wear these and it was a massive improvement on the snoring levels, although he doesn't snore as much since he lost weight

lolaloco Thu 08-Jan-15 21:46:13

When we first got together he has breath right strips may go and get some tomo and try sleeping in same bed over the weekend smile currently in the spare room now with the dog fingers crossed the sleep is better tonight x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now