Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Due in April what have you brought so far??

(45 Posts)
skyra13 Wed 07-Jan-15 19:36:08

Just wondering what lady's in April have brought so far I'm due the 6th first time mum, have you done your nursery's yet ect?
Would be good to see how planned people are I feel like I haven't planned anything yet!! blush

Alby16 Wed 07-Jan-15 19:46:58

I'm due the end of April...planning pram shopping at the weekend. Got a baby bath, and changing mat as well as some outfits.
Not really getting the obsession with "nurseries" but I have cleared out the spare room and will give it a coat of paint so I have somewhere to keep baby things but other than that not done much....

skyra13 Wed 07-Jan-15 19:53:21

I mainly have alot of cloths my dad went mad on ebay buying cloths, asked for 2nd hand stuff didn't see the point in brand new as out of them in weeks. Only thing I have new is pushchair due to it being in the sale at monthercare! I am feeling unprepared and getting bigger by the day!!

Zahrah5 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:00:28

Due end of April.

Bought sleepsiuts, onesies, couple of cute outfits and dresses.
Changing matt, nursing pillow, changing bag, monitor, baby bath, sleeping bag.

2 days ago we ordered travel system, including car seat.

Most of these things we got because we found them on after-Christmas sale and others were gifts we gave to each other for Christmas with my husband. We agreed we will only buy baby stuff for Christmas as we dont need anything for ourselves.

Travel system we got because the one we were seriously considering went on significant sale.

I have already decided about bedside cot but did not order it yet.
As far of nursery prep we are not doing it, baby will be sleeping with us until 6 month minimum. Room is currently our guest room and will be used when my parents will be staying with us after baby arrives.

Foggymist Wed 07-Jan-15 20:11:17

We have precisely 2 vests, 5 babygros and a pair of shoes smile That's it. We're getting a cot, cradle and a million clothes from relatives, and we're not doing a nursery, just fitting the baby and all its stuff into our spare room. Will get the buggy sorted soon, and want to get slings sorted, after that I'm not really pushed! I want to breastfeed but we can borrow steriliser, bottles, everything from siblings who have just gone out of the baby stage, which is so handy.

Letmeeatcakecakecake Wed 07-Jan-15 20:31:42

Erm.. A new steam cleaner, a rug for the living room, wardrobes for my bedroom and a car blush

skyra13 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:45:09

Nice to see someone is treating them self Letmeeatcake lol

Letmeeatcakecakecake Wed 07-Jan-15 21:02:22

Skyra- Ive been going insane trying to get my entire house sorted! I know it sounds weird but in my crazy brain I can just go out and buy baby stuff nearer the due date but there's sooo much stuff needed for my house (Im insane I know)

Alby16 Wed 07-Jan-15 22:47:55

Isn't it funny how inadequate UR home becomes when u fall pregnant??? I have decorated my living room, painted the hall and cleared out every room in preparation for baby haha and everytime I clear out out or clean I say to Dh "oh
My god this place is horrible we can't bring a baby in here" I'm losing the plot, the house is fine, looking quite nice for a change in fact haha

lolaloco Wed 07-Jan-15 23:42:32

My house is driving me mad would love a new car more though!!

RL20 Thu 08-Jan-15 04:02:58

Hi skyra, I'm due near to end of April and have only bought a few bits of clothes! Really feel like I need to start buying more. Were hoping to get a few bigger things while the sales are on (sterilizer, bottles, Moses basket etc) although we are waiting for my birthday which is near the end of Jan as I've asked people for vouchers so we can use them towards things! X

RL20 Thu 08-Jan-15 04:04:32

Alby I agree! I've realised in the past couple of months how much clutter we have and I just don't know where to start.. So I haven't yet! It never used to annoy me so much! x

MrsNM Thu 08-Jan-15 04:29:24

2 sleep suits, a pack of 5 vests, a pack of 2 hats and a teddy. Oh and a pack if Muslims.. Starting feel under prepared though! Moving home in a fortnight so hoping to start panic buying then...

MrsNM Thu 08-Jan-15 04:30:18

*muslins blush

Auto correct at it's finest there...

blackwidow74 Thu 08-Jan-15 08:47:45

Due end April too and so far have bought a car ... A travel system ... couple outfits ... cot and bedset... and just started on the 'toiletries and disposables' ... baby going into our room and I'm currently resisting the urge to put cot up purely because I got her personalised cot bedding yesterday (Nightmare before Christmas lol) ...

We've also been given some items so there's not much we need now ... clothing, hospital bag items, disposable pants by the dozen ... This is #6 so I know what we need and what we won't be wasting money on this time around lol

Was buying a changer/bath unit but then realised I have a huge sideboard in the lounge that will do just find so am converting the top of that with change mat and bits ... there's more storage in that than in the little change stations AND it's already in situ so no need to rearrange the room to get it in!!!!!

PregnantAndEngaged Thu 08-Jan-15 09:02:22

Think we will be mega prepared the way things are going as my baby not due until June. Got lots of presents from excited family though because we're starting the new generation smile

- 10 baby gros (approx)
- 1 baby sleeping bag thing
- 1 baby towel
- Scratch mits x 4
- 3 cuddly toys
- A car seat
- A natural feeding kit (breast pump, steriliser, bottles etc)

My auntie will be buying the moses basket and my finace's mum and dad are buying the pram. Plus a friend is handing us down some bits.

Feeling a bit more relieved now as baby was unplanned but everyone is so excited we haven't really had to worry about how we're going to be able to afford to buy things smile

Chococroc Thu 08-Jan-15 09:18:27

We've been really lucky with friends/family having children in the past few years so have been given a lot of stuff so we're sorted on crib/cot, newborn clothes, steriliser, bath, sling and some toys. We've bought a travel system, monitor and changing mat. So our only 'big' things on our list still to sort are bedding, breast pump and things like nappies, wipes etc. Feel very lucky to have had so much help!
The house is another issue, feels like an awful lot still to sort out, getting started slowly....

skyra13 Thu 08-Jan-15 09:30:47

I don't really know anyone were i live with husband moved here 3 years ago and don't have any close friends down this end, so not been so lucky on the front of being given stuff. I feel my dad went cray cray with buying cloths though lol MIL has ordered us the travel system and my dad has now ordered us a cot bed and crib.
Need to start thinking about a few spare bottles and monitors and other bits.
Really could do with a new car got to see if i can get my travel system into a C2 Boot!

Squidge14 Thu 08-Jan-15 14:07:26

I'm due 27th April with my first, so far we have the following:

Pram and car seat
Moses basket (I got the baby K one I wanted in the sale woohoo!)
steriliser
Baby bath (given to us by my partners aunty)
A pack of bottles
quite a few clothes, mostly baby gros, sleep bag, vests, leggings and jumper for older months, hat scratch mitts, blankets, baby towel, lots of soft toys some comforters, teething toy, gripe water, infacol, bath tidy, dummies, water wipes, nappies, sheepskin pram liner, wicker whale from zara home for the nursery which I love!!

we have been very lucky, my mum and nan got my pram and car seat for me, my dad is getting us the cot, OH's parents are going to get us a baby food maker and chest of drawers with changing area on top, so we are really lucky!

we are moving house in March though so it's a bit of a nightmare at the moment as we can't get anything sorted, we are staying with OH's parents so it's all clogging up their spare room bless them! We also didn't find out the sex so don't want to go mad with clothes and bits all in cream, lemon and grey and white!

skyra13 Thu 08-Jan-15 14:45:13

My carry cot and and colour pack have arrived just waiting on the pram bit an hope it fits in my car!!! oo an car seat!

baby5ontheway Thu 08-Jan-15 15:34:31

I'm due beginning of May and have bought everything for baby, just need to do myself and maybe do the hallway in the house before I get too big. I don't have family or friends who are willing to buyme stuff, but I've got it all now anyway, from the moment I found outthe sex 3 weeks ago, I've practically bought everything I need. I might be crazy, I prefer to call me organised smile

minipie Thu 08-Jan-15 16:14:21

I'm due start of April with my second. So we have lots of stuff already esp as it's another girl. However despite that I have managed to acquire:

- a new sling (beco gemini) - didn't get on with the one I had last time
- a Sleepyhead - DD was a terrible sleeper so I am a sucker for anything that might help this time
- a cot bed and mattress, for DD to move to so DD2 can have her cot
- a newborn cocoon for the buggy (never had one first time round)
- a new changing mat, our old one is a bit wrecked
- some bfeeding bras

I still need to get:

- new sheets for the cotbed
- newborn nappies
- clothes for 3-9 months as we borrowed loads last time
- new bottles or teats (plan to BF but with one bottle a day from 3/4 weeks)
- steriliser (borrowed last time)
- a bath support (borrowed last time)
- a double buggy ARGH

With DD I was quite overprepared and had bought or borrowed most things quite early - thank goodness I did since she arrived at 34 weeks!!

Seasidedolly Thu 08-Jan-15 16:36:45

Skyra I'm due on the 6th too! Hopefully our easter bunnies will arrive on time smile
Thanks to my very excited grandad we've got walkers, bouncers, highchairs, moses basket, toys books...bless him I'm going to have to ask him to stop soon!
Nursery furniture arrived at the weekend but haven't painted the nursery yet so will build it once it's painted.
The main thing we are yet to get is the pushchair as it's out of stock till end of January so will order it then.
Oh and all the boring essentials such as nappies and wipes, none of that yet. Hmm priorities!

skyra13 Thu 08-Jan-15 16:46:32

My dad bless him in an ebay king, I said I never really wanted new stuff an they don't last in them long an he had got me some amazing cloths hardly been used (but way to much). He has also got us cot bed and crib and brought new mattresses, used the one that come with them as a new doggy bed smile
I hope my little girl arrives on time Seasidedolly yours to got a feel she may be early have no idea why smile
Need to start a collection of different nappies must grab some in sales!

flopsybunny45 Thu 08-Jan-15 19:54:33

Minipie - so interesting to read your post, as also due end of april with No.2
DD1 also awful sleeper, intact I think I recall your username from the sleep thread this time last year, lol!
Am thinking about the cocoon baby or sleepyhead, desperate to have more sleep this time, esp as toddler running around. And also still waking at night.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: