Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What is wrong with my bum?!

(7 Posts)
applesmummy Wed 07-Jan-15 18:32:43

Like stabby/shooty pains in my bum cheek and right down the back of my leg?

I'm in a lot of pain, getting up means hobbling and making all kinds of "that really hurts" noises.

Am 10 weeks pg is this something to do with it or could it be something else?

Anyone know/sympathise?

I feel sick from the pain and don't dare move! sad

JemimaButtons Wed 07-Jan-15 18:41:01

Sounds like sciatica. Basically a trapped nerve.

mrsmilkymoo Wed 07-Jan-15 18:42:28

It sounds like sciatica. I had it briefly early on, then it miraculously disappeared and returned around week 38. Not sure if there's much you can do about it though...

M27J5M Wed 07-Jan-15 18:52:04

I had this from 8-9weeks after 3 weeks of suffering went to docs as I could barely walk, wasn't sciatica as I'd thought but spd, calmed right down and only plays up now if I'm on my feet for a long time or sitting too long

Firstimemummy15 Wed 07-Jan-15 18:54:04

Yep sounds like sciatica, I had this when baby was back to back for several weeks. I was referred to physio which helped and used a pregnancy ball to bounce -roll on when I could tolerate it. Really feel for you as it was horrible x

BumWad Wed 07-Jan-15 20:37:11

I get this too. Defo trapped nerve. I'm 13 weeks

applecore0317 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:44:09

thats what I get with sciatica, have suffered with it on and for years, when It plays up it goes into spasm if I move too quickly and is so painful, there are good stretches for it online. I also highly recommend yoga for it if it continues. Get up slowly if you can

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now