Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dressing to hide a pregnancy?

(11 Posts)
LoafersOrLouboutins Wed 07-Jan-15 16:21:20

I'm 17 weeks PG with DC3 and, although close family and my best friend know, I'm trying to keep it a secret from other friends (messy divorce from the father of my 2DDs, he would be VERY weird about me being PG again even though it is with my new DP). Does anybody have any tips on hiding a bump? I'm 5'10 and a size 16 with and my norks have shot up to a J cup (previously a G cup). My bump is medium size.

A well placed oversized tote bag?
A pashmina?
Arghhh!

sebsmummy1 Wed 07-Jan-15 16:23:30

Wouldn't it be better is you just told your ex before he finds out from your children?

Blanketontheground Wed 07-Jan-15 16:24:14

Big scarves and keep your coat on as much as you can. Congratulations.

mondaymadness Wed 07-Jan-15 16:24:46

A shift dress might help with a big cardigan wrapped over but a lovely baby bump is going to be hard to hide at some point! Or you could wear a big coat whenever you see him - the weather may help you out today! Congratulations!

LoafersOrLouboutins Wed 07-Jan-15 16:37:19

My ex is in Iran (he walked out on DDs and I) and I am trying to limit contact between him and DDs as I live in fear of him taking them to Iran but I have friends who are still in contact with him and I worry that a pregnancy would push him over the edge and he would take the DDs. Thank you for the ideas! I'm hoping its coat wearing weather for as long as possible, should a scarf be draped loosely? Oooh I must buy a big cardigan, that would be good with a skirt and a big scarf. Thank you, I'm very excited grin

Letmeeatcakecakecake Wed 07-Jan-15 16:40:22

Loafers- I'm 24 weeks and wear a big fluffy coat and you can't tell!

If you're concerned about the dad taking them to Iran you can get a court order to put out a warning on all ports not to allow them to fly.

mumxof3x Wed 07-Jan-15 16:43:32

Im 21+1 size 6-8 and 5'6 mines still a secret, dad etc doesnt know (my dad that is not babys dad lol. I tend to wear loose fitted top, jumpers and cardies, looser type dresses with leggings etc. Although bump is quite small anyway x

SweetsForMySweet Wed 07-Jan-15 16:46:20

A poncho (seen them in the shops so must be making a comeback) or a puffy bodywarmer?

Annbag Wed 07-Jan-15 16:46:37

It's amazing how unobservant people can be to be honest! With my pregnancy it was summer, I was size 8 and all bump, I had work colleagues notice for the first time in week 35! Men especially didn't notice so hopefully your ex is an unobservant type
I think in winter and after Christmas you can hide a bit longer, layer jumpers, padded coat etc.

Maxis1 Wed 07-Jan-15 17:59:59

Good thing its winter time! I used bigger cardigans and striped jackets for a good bit of it but from week 19/20 onwards the bump just kept getting harder to hide.
If you use scarves make sure its some that either cover the bump or go down the sides so you dont call attention by having them go down the middle if you know what I mean.

Newmom2b Wed 07-Jan-15 19:31:17

I didtn tell work until I was 25 weeks and wore a lot of vest tops underneath chiffony type blouses, they were pretty shocked to find out I was 6 months pregnant. It defo helps to be tall. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now