Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding when wiping in early pregnancy

(20 Posts)
Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 16:19:49

I'm 5 wks preg, 2 days ago I had bright red blood when I wiped for 2 hrs, no clots and no pain...I done a clear blue conception indicator 2day and got a 'positive 3+'Result does this mean my baby is ok?

weelamb123 Wed 07-Jan-15 16:49:19

Sorry I haven't had any experience with bleeding but wanted to bump ur question back to top as no one had got back u. Congrats and hope all is well. Xxx

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 16:50:09

Thank you smile

bellaboo88 Wed 07-Jan-15 16:54:08

Is it brown or red blood? Did it start after a bowel movement?

I had both, red started after straining embarrassed

It can be nothing but at the same time it can be that bean hasn't latched...or it has burrowed in! I went to docs & got revered to epu for a scan. Scan wasn't nice as although we could see sac/yolk, we couldn't see a heartbeat.

I'm 34weeks & very uncomfortable with my little bleed!

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 16:57:27

It was bright red, went to the toilet twice and it was there although getting less, third time it was gone and nothing since! I called the Dr and they didn't want to refer me to EPU as she said it was too early, she said to wait n see and if I have anymore bleeding or begin to get pain then go back. She also said to do a pregnancy test in a week to see if it was still positive.
I done a test today and it's clearly positive and conception indicator indicates 5+ weeks pregnant

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 17:00:06

What do u mean by burrowed in?

Jengnr Wed 07-Jan-15 17:58:46

I had bleeding at 5 weeks and 9 weeks with my first pregnancy. I had some light bleeding and some clots. He is currently charging round the kitchen switching everything on smile

It's a horrible and scary time and they won't scan you until seven weeks which feels like forever. Nobody can say whether it will work out or not and you feel powerless and frightened. I can recommend lying in bed and eating cake, sleeping as much as you can and immersing yourself in box sets until the scan. If it carries on go to A&E and they will book you a scan with the epu for seven weeks (they did for me)

Be warned it will probably be a transvaginal scan to get a better picture.

Good luck. It can work out, I really hope it does for you xx

jerryfudd Wed 07-Jan-15 18:02:16

If it continues probably best to go and get checked out to rule out ectopic

INickedAName Wed 07-Jan-15 18:09:00

I had light bleeding in the early stages too, also after any internals I had to have. Dd is 9 and everything was ok, but it's scary and you worry as you imagine the worse case scenarios.

Do what others have said, be nice to yourself and contact gp or a and e if it keeps happening. Easy to say but try not to worry.

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 18:13:35

It stopped two hours after it started and fingers crossed it hasn't appeared again! I had bleeding with my 2nd daughter so I'm not sure why I'm so scared although I was 8 weeks and was given a scan straight away. There were no clots and no pain at all so fingers crossed all will be ok! Thank you for your replies

sleepybee Wed 07-Jan-15 19:10:41

Had you had sex prior to the bleed? I had light pink/red when wiping after I had sex when around 5-8 weeks happened a few times & was scary

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 19:31:40

Nope no intercourse

NewMum139 Wed 07-Jan-15 19:47:56

I had bleeding at almost 5 weeks. I rang 111 as it was out of hrs and was told go straight to A&E (they booked me a slot so didn't have to wait). I was then told to go for scan at early pregnancy unit first thing the next morning. Even though it's early they can see the developing sac etc. so I knew I hadn't miscarried. I have subchorionic haematoma (Google for explanation) which means I could keep bleeding throughout the pregnancy. They said go back at 7 weeks if I want to have another scan when they should have a heartbeat if all ok.

So you can have scans this early and it's reassuring. But if it was a one off as you describe it might also be implantation bleeding? I'm not an expert or anything - this is just my own recent experience. Hope it's some help..

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 20:13:01

Thank you. I called 111 and my gp and they both have me a wait and see answer. I got a bfp a week before the bleeding so I'm not sure whether it is possible for it to be implantation bleeding? Thank you I appreciate any comments

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 20:13:38

How much did u bleed? If u don't mind me asking? Did u have pain?

BeginnersLuck Wed 07-Jan-15 20:21:48

I bled but it was all fine. I bled and had cramps too, the day I tested positive, so I thought it was bad news - it was probably about a pad's worth at about 5 weeks. I called NHS direct who got me to speak to out of hours Dr who said go to A&E, who said it was nothing but that I could return in the morning for a scan. Which showed a heartbeat! Then I got some more bright red bleeding a few weeks later. Totally freaked me out. But he's a healthy little boy now :-)
Fingers crossed all is ok with you.

NewMum139 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:26:22

I initially had the same as you but within a few hrs it had got heavier and hasn't stopped since - that's nearly a week ago. I would now describe it as a light period at worst and it goes up and down. The midwife said to expect several weeks of this at least and could be longer. It's all very disconcerting and I will feel anxious until I'm scanned again I think. So it is much worse than yours so that's surely why you got that advice.

Pain wise I did have some quite bad pain the first night and next morning but I also had trapped wind (sorry too much info!!) so was hard to distinguish although I'm convinced I was in additional pain. So I was sure I was miscarrying and was amazed I wasn't.

I haven't had pain since then just the bleeding.

Good luck - I only read your post about having done a pregnancy test with the weeks going up after I posted and I'm sure that's a really good sign. Where do you get the ones that go up to 5+ weeks? Is that what it actually says on the display? I want to keep testing!

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 20:33:37

It says 3+ on the test which is 3 weeks since conception, they say this makes you 5+ weeks pregnant as an indicator.
Mine really wasn't much in comparison but I think I just panicked and won't settle until I see my baby and I'm sure that's why they didn't refer me. I also had none on a pad, it was just when I wiped (sorry for the detail ��)

NewMum139 Wed 07-Jan-15 20:42:15

That's very little. If it's stopped for that long and your still getting positives I'm sure it's all fine. Yeah I bought the same one yesterday and got same result. That's ok for now but I wanted one that would go to 6 weeks next week! I think I would be going for scans every day if they would let me! smile

Mummyof2princesses Wed 07-Jan-15 20:58:02

Me too!! I'd pay for more if I had the money lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now