Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant with not many symptoms.

(12 Posts)
Newyearsunresolutions Wed 07-Jan-15 14:48:28

I'm 5 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage at 9 weeks back in the summer. Last time I had bad morning sickness, constipation, indigestion, really tired and sore boobs. This time I just have sore boobs and the tiredness. I'm really worried that I'm not really pregnant although I've taken 4 tests or that I'm going to miscarry again soon. I do have 2 children and I can't remember having many symptoms with those pregnancies but they were 18 and 9years ago so it's all a bit hazy.

eastcoastmum2014 Wed 07-Jan-15 15:06:05

When I was 5 weeks the only symptom I had was a missed period... I actually found out at 5 weeks. A week or so after finding out I had a bit of bloating, occasional nausea, tiredness, sore boobs and I couldn't eat much. Thinking about it I was a bit more tired and hungry before I found out but it was non specific so I didn't have anything that would make me think hmmm maybe I'm pregnant (we were trying so I was keeping my eye out for symptoms).
That (apart from a couple of small bleeds) was all I got in the 1st trimester. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow with a little girl and now trying to think of ways to induce labour lol!!
Every pregnancy is different and not having every 1st trimester symptom under the sun is not a sign that there is something wrong! If you have had a positive test then you are definitely pregnant!! Congratulations!! smile

Newyearsunresolutions Wed 07-Jan-15 15:07:22

Thank you, fingers crossed it'll be ok then.

GlitzAndGigglesx Wed 07-Jan-15 15:09:55

Snap! I had sore boobs before I got a bfp though. I'm 10 weeks and had barely any sickness. I think I've been sick a total of 4 times but it's been once a week. Otherwise nothing. However I wasn't sick until I was 7 months with my first so each is defo different

Holscrafty Wed 07-Jan-15 15:19:34

Oh NewYears... Really feel for you, was similar for me this time last year.

Holscrafty Wed 07-Jan-15 15:22:00

... Sent too early!
All my symptoms suddenly stopped at 7 weeks. Then I bled. MW sent me for scan but I was convinced there was no longer a baby. I was wrong -all fine and dandy!!! Had no other symptoms throughout peg nance other than a heightened sense of smell at 5-6 months. Pregnancy was a doddle. Sending lots of positive thoughts and best wishes xx

Skeppers Wed 07-Jan-15 15:29:55

I'm the same; it's my first pregnancy though so I don't really have a benchmark for how I should be feeling! I'm 9wks and just have sore boobs and tiredness, although this past week I've been feeling queasy on and off, triggered by certain smells (roast chicken!!) but no actual vomiting. I did 2 tests when I found out and both were very strong, definite lines, but I don't feel pregnant at all. I was getting myself into a tizz about whether everything was going as planned or not- I was reassured on here that it's perfectly normal to have few or no symptoms, it just depends on the individual. It's natural to worry but whatever happens there's nothing really anyone can do about it. I still don't know if everything is at it should be as I'm not having my first scan for a few weeks.
I think it's that lack of control that freaks some people out, including me. As long as there's no bleeding (and in a lot of cases from what I can make out even if there is bleeding) I don't think there's anything to worry about? You have to just assume all is well and carry on taking care of yourself, otherwise you'll drive yourself potty. When I spoke to my midwife for the first time and told her I wasn't having symptoms she basically just laughed at me and said "you might just regret saying that in a couple of weeks!"...I think she thought I was humblebragging!

weelamb123 Wed 07-Jan-15 16:52:14

Its still early days, ur symptoms will kick in soon. Congrats xx

Newyearsunresolutions Wed 07-Jan-15 17:54:31

Thanks, I'm feeling a lot better now.

SophieBarringtonWard Wed 07-Jan-15 19:34:17

I'm on my 3rd DC, I don't have symptoms in pregnancy really. Tiredness, sore boobs, about one week of nausea around 8 weeks. That's it. DC3 currently gestating but the others were perfect healthy babies smile

Newyearsunresolutions Thu 08-Jan-15 13:24:08

Well I spoke too soon, morning sickness has kicked in big style.

sianihedgehog Thu 08-Jan-15 16:01:40

I don't seem to have symptoms either, and since I miscarried last time it worries the hell out of me. All I've had is mildly sore boobs that come and go, and one week of being utterly shattered and feeling slightly spewy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now