Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help? Can I be pregnant?

(21 Posts)
gemx86x Wed 07-Jan-15 03:24:45

I stopped getting my depo last August (I just didn't go back to get it) me and my partner have a pretty active sex life, a few weeks ago I was experiencing sore and swollen boobs, which I didn't think much of last week I experienced what o thought was a period. Had some cramps.. And I now have a watery clear discharge? And my breast tenderness has gone... I have had some slight cramps and back pain still, Could I be pregnant? I'm scared to take a test incase of the disaapointment? hmmhmm Can anyone help

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Wed 07-Jan-15 05:04:43

It's easy to be confused about symptoms as so many are similar around period and implantation/early pregnancy, but there really is only one way to find out and it's much better to do a test asap, rather than symptom spotting and building the expectation. Get yourself a test first thing, good luck x

byamony Wed 07-Jan-15 07:13:29

ask the doctor is better choice.good luck

gemx86x Wed 07-Jan-15 14:45:42

Yeah I know what you mean I just don't think I could deal with the dissapointment but your right I should just take a test and hope for the best x thanks

kilmuir Wed 07-Jan-15 14:51:51

What contraception have you been using?

gemx86x Wed 07-Jan-15 17:05:26

I had been on the depo-proevra i said I. The beginning thread but I just didn't go back in August to have it renewed

kilmuir Wed 07-Jan-15 21:33:47

Yes i read that, so what contraception HAVE you been using instead?

mariomadmum Wed 07-Jan-15 22:03:35

You know none of us can tell you right? You know the only way to find out is to take a test?

originalusernamefail Wed 07-Jan-15 22:20:25

You've been having unprotected sex for almost 4 months (I presume "active" means regularly ) you could be pregnant. The only way to find out is to take a test.

gemx86x Wed 07-Jan-15 23:56:43

I'm aware none of you can tell me for definite I just wanted to know some others experiences before being dissapointed that's all, I haven't been taking anything as we have been trying for a baby I jut presumed it to be difficult once coming off depo, that's all

gemx86x Wed 07-Jan-15 23:57:51

What I meant was are these signs of pregnancy, the fact I had what I thought was a period I was a tad confused is all

WilsonWilsonWoman Thu 08-Jan-15 00:15:56

Pee on a stick. What's the alternative? Torturing yourself? Just get it over with!

gemx86x Thu 08-Jan-15 00:42:47

That's what I plan to do! Christ I was only asking Need to jump down my throat!

eurochick Thu 08-Jan-15 00:45:04

I will repeat the best response I have ever seen on one of these threads : "if you wee on your keyboard the Internet will tell you".

gemx86x Thu 08-Jan-15 01:12:37

I do quite like that one myself....so I peed on a stick and there is the faintest of lines there to say positive what now? I just wanted to know what early signs of pregnancy could be

WilsonWilsonWoman Thu 08-Jan-15 01:18:19

Congratulations! grin

Sn00p4d Thu 08-Jan-15 01:19:28

Get a clearblue digital, pee first thing in the morning.
Although if you've got a line you've got a line so congrats smile

BlanketOfStars Thu 08-Jan-15 07:21:12

The early signs of pregnancy are the same as signs of AF - including but not limited to the following : sore boobs, cramps, nausea, various types of CM smile
Sounds like you've got a BFP!! It doesn't matter if the line is faint. Congratulations!! grin

ChatEnOeuf Thu 08-Jan-15 11:30:24

Could be a positive, could be an early miscarriage with the bleeding you had. Impossible to tell at the moment. Peeing on another stick in a couple of days might help - the line may get darker. That, or bloods at the GP's now and in 48 hours. In anyway, if you are pregnant, congrats! But do get booked for a scan soonish, as it sounds like you have no idea about your dates smile

gemx86x Thu 08-Jan-15 17:28:15

I don't understand all these AF and things lol Im new to this, with not having a period I just don't know.but thanks everyone

mariomadmum Thu 08-Jan-15 18:37:05

a line is a line! Get a clear blue digital and test with 1st morning wee, but I'd say congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now