Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in chest/ribs

(3 Posts)
madbunnygirl Tue 06-Jan-15 18:06:46

Hi, haven't posted very much on here but looking for some advice/sympathy!

I'm 30 weeks and over the last couple of days I've developed a really horrible pain right in my right rib cage, really feels like a cracked rib!?

It started after I leaned over from the sofa to the coffee table to reach a glass. Something pulled then and I've been in agony ever since!

Obviously I know that everything has moved North so feeling a bit crushed and it's probably a pulled muscle or something but wondered if this was a common complaint at this stage of pregnancy? My measurements are all as they should be, but movements are all over the place so can't work out what position the baby is in though.

Thanks in advance!

Foggymist Tue 06-Jan-15 18:36:02

I'm just back from a massage where she explained that the stabby pain I've been having in my rib area is one of the intercostal muscles shifting and throwing a hissy fit smile You probably pulled it too far when you stretched and upset what is an already transitioning area.

madbunnygirl Tue 06-Jan-15 19:23:13

Cool, that would make a lot of sense, have spoken to the midwife triage people as well and was told to take some paracetamol and take it easy for a few hours - if it gets worse I must call them back.

This is the first bit of pregnancy drama I've had so trying to stay calm at least smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now