Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

wanting a c-section

(2 Posts)
dancestomyowntune Tue 06-Jan-15 15:49:37

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with baby #5 and really want to ask about the possibility of a c-section. I have never had a section before, but this time my pregnancy has been quite hard (raised bp all the way through/rashes/ kidney problems) and I would like to get sterilized at the same time as a section.

Baby is currently believed to be breech (scan for growth and to check booked for in two weeks), and even if everything miraculously comes together and runs smoothly from here on in I have been told they will aim for delivery between 37-39 weeks because of my bp and kidney problems. A friend recently was induced at 38 weeks and ended up having an emergency section due to baby just not being ready for vaginal birth.

If I request a c-section will I be laughed out of the room? I have reservations (don't want to be in hospital for days afterwards, having been home pretty much same day with all Barr my first), and worried about infection/recovery times, but for some reason this time I am almost scared of the birth which I have always managed quite well in the past!

Number3cometome Tue 06-Jan-15 15:58:56

How you give birth is entirely up to you.

If you want a c-section no one can tell you no, and I am certain no one will laugh you out of the room especially as you have already had 4 children naturally.

Ask to see a consultant and discuss the risks.

You would have to consider recovery with young children too

(i've had 2 c-sections, due a 3rd)

All the best OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now