Talk

Advanced search

Ditching the scales... Anyone else with me?

(3 Posts)
Letmeeatcakecakecake Tue 06-Jan-15 15:10:48

I've always had body image issues. I really struggle with it.

With my DS, i gained 49lbs and gave birth at 37w. He was due in mid August, and I can't even tell you how uncomfortable being pregnant with a summer baby when my thighs would chafe until they were red raw :-(

DC is due 25th April. I've been determined not go get myself into the same state as last time and I'd like some hope of being in a bikini again by August.

However, it's taken over most of my thoughts this pregnancy, constantly reminding myself why I'm eating healthy and exercising and punishing myself mentally for going off the wagon.

I weigh myself most days and am constantly disheartened to see the scales going up more than I'd like.

I had a bit of a realisation yesterday, I'm making a conscious effort to eat healthy, and exersicing regularly- what is stepping on the scales constantly and upsetting myself with the number going to do, when I'm already doing everything I can to gain only healthy pregnancy weight?

Regardless of what the scales say, I'm doing all I can. There's nothing more I can do. SO IM DITCHING THE SCALES!

I'm going to have one final weigh in tomorrow morning, then I'm DONE.

Marshpillow Tue 06-Jan-15 15:21:14

Good on you! I have also stopped weighing myself after gaining nearly 2 stone by 20 weeks and freaking out. I'm now 28 weeks and I dread to think what I must weigh now, so I'm also just eating properly and exercising more (more than the previous "not at all").

hippymama1 Tue 06-Jan-15 17:16:14

Good for you! I am 14+4 with my first and have ditched the scales because I think that between the first trimester (lots of white bread / french stick and butter, popchips and ice lollies - only thing I could stomach) normal weight gain during pregnancy and being a bit tough on myself anyway when it comes to weight (for many of the same reasons as OP), I could just ruin the whole experience for myself and really not enjoy my pregnancy.

I am focusing on a healthy baby... We can always go on a diet afterwards - it's not the end of the world xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now