Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Then did your baby bump start to show? and weight gain/loss in first trimester

(7 Posts)
Shootingstar2289 Tue 06-Jan-15 14:49:23

I am nearly 14 weeks with baby number two. With my first I was very slim but had awful morning sickness and lost loads of weight and didn't have a bump until around 18-20 weeks.

This time round I'm a little rounder anyway and not had any weight gain despite my sickness not being too bad this time. In fact my clothes feel looser. I've been getting really full quickly and don't snack anymore - guess that's why.

Other mums that are due around the same time or a week or two further on have bumps already and they are obvious and one mum is a week ahead of me and has gained a stone already. One is a few weeks behind and has a bump. Maybe it's a chocolate belly lol.

I haven't had my first scan yet (it's this week) so worried myself up that something is wrong with the baby.

Any advice?

Foggymist Tue 06-Jan-15 15:30:05

I'm 24 weeks and still not really showing, there's a slight roundness now but nobody would notice unless I wore a very tight top and no cardigan etc. The scales say I've put on 1.5 stone but I'm in the same jeans, bras, tops, everything.

Each pregnancy and women is different, the stage at which you show and how varies completely, don't compare yourselves to others, you don't know how much they're eating, not eating, how much of it is bloat, fluid, etc.

Foggymist Tue 06-Jan-15 15:32:56

My God I need to pay better attention, *woman and *yourself!

GlitzAndGigglesx Tue 06-Jan-15 15:36:24

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. I just look bloated!

teejayem Tue 06-Jan-15 15:58:41

I had baby bloat from 6-12 weeks, then a couple of weeks where it was in betweeny, - no real bump, but everything felt a bit tight and then I started getting bumpier at 16 weeks, I'm 19 weeks now and have a nice little bump. (Well I think so!) - it seemed to pop at 18 wks for me.

I actually weigh less now than I did to start with but I think it might be the removal of wine, plus early sickness and more picky eating. (About 1/2 a stone)

IdaClair Tue 06-Jan-15 16:00:57

To be visible with clothes on, probably 26-28 weeks or so. To be visible/noticeable to strangers, 36 weeks plus. Everyone is different.

mumxof3x Tue 06-Jan-15 16:04:37

Im 21wk with my 4th, I have abit of a rounded tummy going off but you wouldnt think I was preg really, well mines still a secret and nobody has guessed, im of a slim build had a bmi of 18.5 at booking, so far ive put on half a stone but all that is from around 15wk id not gained anything until then.

I wouldnt worry each is different. My first I showed early and gained 4st. Second I lost loads of weight and ended up just 5ib above pre preg weight at full term and didnt have a bump until late. 3rd I gained 1st 6 and again didnt have a bump until late smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now