Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whooping cough jab - advice please

(5 Posts)
Mammammio Tue 06-Jan-15 08:11:07

I'm due to have this today but feel a bit Ill...have had a very bad cold for weeks and it's gone off but I'm definitely not back to 100%.

I want to have the jab but wondering if I should if feeling mildly Ill already?

Anyone had it and had any side effects? I am only 29 weeks and I know I can have it at any point so probably no major rush but interested to hear other's experiences with it.

FeatherFeather11 Tue 06-Jan-15 09:37:43

No side effects aside from a sore arm for a couple of days!

TollyBB Tue 06-Jan-15 10:24:46

I had mine yesterday and I'm just getting over a bad cold. The only side effect I've had is a sore arm too...which made me yelp when I rolled on it this morning!

Faithope Tue 06-Jan-15 17:09:23

I think you need to have it 28-32 weeks. Plus it's just the flu jab they say not to have if poorly? www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/whooping-cough-vaccination-pregnant.aspx

Dogsmom Tue 06-Jan-15 17:54:25

Had mine yesterday too and no side effects other than a heavy arm.

The nurse did ask if I was well in myself, you should still go and take the nurses advice, she can a,ways rebook you if she thinks you are too unwell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now