Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks and just can't sleep!

(5 Posts)
Meplusyouequals4 Tue 06-Jan-15 07:26:25

Anyone else experience this, I'm knackered! I sleep fine for the first 2 - 3 hours then I'm awake the rest of the night and have been for 5 days now I'm just exhausted!

I don't know why I can't sleep. I've even tried to nap in the day but can't. I'm not in any massive amount of pain, im uncomfortable but not in pain.

Anyone know what I can do to help me sleep

bellaboo88 Tue 06-Jan-15 09:51:15

Decaff tea has helped me, daft things like dimming the lights too. Are you actually tired when you go to bed? I'm exhausted some days & can nap but others I still have energy. Doesn't help that bubba wakes up as I'm going to sleep! X

Meplusyouequals4 Tue 06-Jan-15 09:57:47

Yea I'm knackered by the time I go to bed. Tbh I feel like I never actually wake up, I'm yawning all day long and just don't have the energy to do anything.

tiggy2610 Tue 06-Jan-15 09:59:51

I'm 34+5 and have this exact thing. 3am seems to be the witching hour and I will lay there awake until around 5.30-6am when my alarm for work goes off angry I do have mild SPD which causes painful hips and nighttime but it isn't that that's keeping me awake, I'm just awake!

I asked my midwife and she said pregnancy insomnia is quite common, unfortunately for us! Sorry I can't offer any more practical advice but will be watching to see what people suggest smile

Meplusyouequals4 Tue 06-Jan-15 10:06:57

tiggy that sounds just like me. I was hoping that now Im on holiday then maternity starts in a few weeks ( to strenuous of a job to carry on) I could catch up on sleep and get everything done before baby arrives as well as spend some quality time with DD but I just can't sleep and I don't have any energy to do Naf all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now