Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnancy dreams..

(10 Posts)
dy14 Mon 05-Jan-15 23:11:59

I am 19w pregnant and I had my first dream of unborn baby and its gender I dreamt it was a boy?! Doea anyone believe this is true? With my DC1 DC2 I dreamt it was boys to and it was. Juat curious to hear if anyone else feels its true.

Also anyone got some funny/weird pregnancy dreams they want to share for a laugh! grin grin grin grin grin

albertgirl Mon 05-Jan-15 23:52:52

I had a dream that I was having sex with a tiger. In my garage. (And yes, it was grrrrrrreat...!) My husband was absolutely disgusted until he looked it up on the internet and apparently in Chinese dream lore it means I'm having a boy! Now he keeps telling our friends about it, which isn't embarrassing at all... I'm 28 weeks now so not long to find out if it's true!

Notamumyet81 Mon 05-Jan-15 23:58:02

I'm not sure if this counts as a dream ... but in my last pregnancy I was woken up one night by the smell of men's aftershave. It was so real that I woke my husband and made him go downstairs to check nobody had broken in. There was no man, and no aftershave but I could smell it so strongly. It actually really freaked me out.

dy14 Tue 06-Jan-15 00:07:15

omg sex with a tiger shock shock shock grin grin hahaha! how random! I had crazy dreams alot about sex with dc2 but this pregnancy has been about me being attacked or stuff on news.. scary sad sad ive only just had a dream last night that I had the baby and rest of my dreams I was pregnant but nobody knew and I didnt mention it to anyone in my dream hahah so strange!!!! hormones are crazy!!!

dy14 Tue 06-Jan-15 00:08:12

Yeah @notamummy I've heard of stuff like that before. how far along are you? smile smile smile

AlwaysLurking38 Tue 06-Jan-15 01:23:11

When I was about 17 weeks dp said I was sleepwalking and went downstairs and asked him "where is she" when be asked who I apparently said "my baby"

Got told she was a girl at the scan and I'm 39.4 weeks now so not long till I can confirm she definitely is.

In my first pregnancy I dreamt about being attacked a lot. I always ran away as well. With this pregnancy I seem to be the attacker grin I killed my dps sister in one dream lol!

caravela Tue 06-Jan-15 01:23:41

I dreamed I gave birth to a hedgehog, and I was upset because the midwives kept on saying it was a lovely baby boy and no one except me seemed to notice it was actually a hedgehog or think this might be a problem. (In real life it was actually a girl, by the way). I thought I had a messed up sub-conscious but it turns out this is a German fairy tale en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_My_Hedgehog

I also dreamed I had the baby and put it down in my study but the room was such a mess that I couldn't find the baby among all the piles of paper. I woke up in a state saying to DH 'I've lost the baby'.

AlwaysLurking38 Tue 06-Jan-15 01:29:01

Caravela that's just made me remember!

I had a dream where my baby kept turning into a cat and going on shelves and tops of wardrobes where I couldn't reach it. Then would turn back Into the baby but would be stuck! No one else could see that the baby kept turning into a cat but me!

upthewolves Tue 06-Jan-15 01:55:50

I have been experiencing this too, I wake up exhausted. Last night I dreamt I was at the harbour watching killer whales with my mum. We don't get killer whales here (western australia) so it was already quite random, but they started leaping out from the water and then dying on the concrete. People were screaming and running out of the way of them. It was like sharknado.

Then, under the water, I noticed there were small submarines made of lego that were making the whales jump. The conclusion to the dream was that Lego was overthrowing the world and was this terrifying organisation that we were all allowing into our homes to control us through our children.

Carvela I have also had many dreams about giving birth and it being a different creature e.g. puppy and nobody else thinks its weird.

Number3cometome Tue 06-Jan-15 11:06:13

Last night I had a dream I was in the pub with my friend who is 39 weeks pregnant (she actually is 39 weeks pregnant in real life)

In the dream, she had just had the baby, but had left it at home.

I was drinking a pint, then ordered another drink, before then realising that I shouldn't be drinking as I am pregnant.
I then started to worry that my OH would know I have been drinking!

I woke up and felt guilty. I have not had any alcohol during this pregnancy (11+3) and nor do I want any.

Totally random!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now