Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Posterior pelvic pain / SPD

(2 Posts)
Mammammio Mon 05-Jan-15 21:11:22

I think I'm suffering from the above. This is my second pregnancy, no issues at all with DD1 so I don't know if that's what it is but looking online and after mentioning to midwife think it must be.

It's not severe (I can walk) but at times it's really sore, particularly in the evening, if I exercise or if I sort of twist in any way. I would love to 'take it easy' but I look after a nearly 3 yr old and work 3 days a week so it's hard.

Does anyone have any tips for improving it? It's a really sore / sharp pain within the kind of sacram / hip area.

I'm 29 weeks now and am concerned how much worse this might get.

Should I continue swimming / exercising or not? Should I book for physio?

The midwife I saw basically have me no advice other than to take it easy which isn't really much use as I can't most of the time.

capecath Tue 06-Jan-15 07:57:27

Also had it with ds2 but not ds1. Not pleasant. Swimming is recommended to strengthen the muscles down there. Try not to twist your body, eg.. Get out of bed by rolling over, don't sit on the floor, avoid shopping trollies. Not a whole lot can be done although there are support waist bands you can buy and physio classes available via NHS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now