Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First pregnancy and worried

(8 Posts)
Beggy15 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:37:02

Hi everyone I've just found out in 5 weeks pregnant and I haven't told anyone (incase it curses it) I'm even questioning myself for posting nk here!

I'm worried though, I don't really have any symptoms other than swollen boobs is this normal? Oh And cramping

I've done three tests and they all showed up pregnant immediately but in worried I've always been told I can't have kids so this is like a miracle for me!

Any advice/response is much appreciated.

Becky x

weelamb123 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:40:35

Firstly congratulations! Yes, the symptoms u have are the same I had when I found out at 5 weeks. Also a strong positive test is a good sign.

Have u told ur partner? Xx

SweepTheHalls Mon 05-Jan-15 15:41:09

A line is all that is needed. Congratulations flowers

crazykat Mon 05-Jan-15 15:47:56

Congratulations. If you've had positive tests then you're pregnant, you can have a false negative but not a false positive.

You need to start taking folic acid every day till you're 12 weeks and stop taking any vitamin supplements containing vitamin A. It would.also be good to make a booking appointment with the midwife at your gp surgery.

Allstoppedup Mon 05-Jan-15 15:48:21

Congratulations! For me the anxiety did get a little better but I was an obsessive knickers checker for the first 12 weeks!

It's strange early on, especially if you have no symptoms but as pp said positive tests are all you need!

Call your GP to set up a booking in appointment with your midwife and get your 12 week scan booked. Pick up some early pregnancy vitamins and enjoy not having symptoms...you may start up with some in the next few weeks!

I started off a little bit worried as I had also been told I couldn't conceive naturally and it felt unreal, really though you can't jinx/curse it. What will be will be. Congratulations again and try not to worry. flowers

Beggy15 Mon 05-Jan-15 16:14:41

Thank you everyone! I told my partner and haven't heard from him since, that's gone down well!

My appointment with my GP is on Thursday - very nervous.

Allstoppedup Mon 05-Jan-15 16:19:46

Hopefully your partner is just a little surprised and will come round sharpish!

Good luck! X

d0ttyne11 Mon 05-Jan-15 18:01:03

Hi

I was v worried too when I first fell pregnant as was convinced things would be more difficult for me. I spent much of the first 15 weeks anxious and concerned. But confidence grew once my body (finally) started physically changing (as in showing rather than me feeling queasy a lot)

Focus on you and your relationship with your partner for now. Then, I've found the threads on here for the antenatal clubs very helpful reading.

Good luck and congrats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now