Talk

Advanced search

How to make sure handwashed stuff is really clean?

(9 Posts)
babyblabber Mon 05-Jan-15 14:10:00

Am getting organised for no.3 now and there are a few things that I can only handwash/surface wash.

Examples are the maxi cosi insert (which actually has a tiny bit of mould on it!!), the buggy bar (bugaboo) and a few toys.

Any idea how I can make sure they are really clean and germ and mould free?!! Going to use boiling water but what could I add to it, don't want to bleach them. Milton?!

dragonflyinthelillies Mon 05-Jan-15 15:51:03

Dettol do a laundry liquid for this purpose. I've not used it though so not sure on its effectiveness

babyblabber Mon 05-Jan-15 17:26:56

Oh didn't know that, thanks

CarbeDiem Mon 05-Jan-15 17:31:53

A good clean with hot soapy water with added normal dettol or milton.

justabigdisco Mon 05-Jan-15 17:34:09

If something can be hand washed then I stick it in the machine on a delicate cycle. Much better than actually hand washing!

Noyoucantwatchpeppapig Mon 05-Jan-15 17:49:47

I washed the maxi cosi insert in the washing machine when I washed the car seat cover. I did use the delicates programme but they have fitted back on car seat fine.

RoganJosh Mon 05-Jan-15 17:51:57

Germs only last hours to a couple of weeks on a dry surface so there won't be flu/norovirus on there. A surface wash should be fine just to freshen things and get any dust washed off.

corgiology Mon 05-Jan-15 22:52:16

Improve your baby's immunity by not cleaning every little thing smile

ironwill Mon 05-Jan-15 22:56:23

Dettol do some stuff that comes in a white 2L bottle that they say is specially for clothes. You use it alongside Woolite or Fairy or whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now