Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Did you have an instinct that turned out to be right?

(15 Posts)
FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Mon 05-Jan-15 13:44:42

With DS I was convinced he was a boy - and he was. With DD (not yet born) I knew she was a girl.

I also have a really strong feeling that she's going to come early. Not premature, thank god, but maybe around 37 or 38 weeks. I'm 33 weeks now.

With DS I guessed his birthday as the 1st, which was the day I went into labour, although he wasn't actually born until the 3rd.

Do you think there's anything in this or just coincidence? DH thinks lucky guesses, I think somehow I really did know/do know.

Number3cometome Mon 05-Jan-15 13:52:45

I knew DS was a DS and I knew DD was a DD.

I think I knew I would have my DS on time, he was born on his due date, but that may have been nesting symptoms.

DD I think would have been born a week early, but I had her by C-section 2 weeks early so who knows!

I think this one is a girl, but OH thinks a boy.

Hopefully we will find out in a few weeks all being well!

croon979 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:04:09

I have a really strong instinct that I am expecting a boy. Will find out tomorrow if I am right!

loudarts Mon 05-Jan-15 15:10:57

With dc1 I wasn't sure but thought it might be a girl and was right, dc2 I was quite sure would be a boy and was right. Dc3 I was so convinced was a girl I took pink clothes to the hospital and I was right. Dc4 I was sure was a girl and was right. Dc5 however I thought might be a boy and was wrong. Dc6 I was convinced would be a girl and was a boy so it probably is coincidence, that or instinct only works the first few times

Syd35 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:14:55

With DS I didn't have a strong feeling either way but this time around I was convinced it is a girl from early on. Had a gender scan the other week which confirmed this, so pretty pleased my intuition has been proven correct as I was doubting myself wondering if I was thinking girl because I already have a boy iyswim smile

skyra13 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:32:48

I had a strong feeling I was having a boy turned out to be a girl at the scan but I shall double check at my next scan!!

Banana82 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:39:19

I was so sure my DS was a boy that I started buying boy things after my 12 week scan.

I was also convinced I wouldn't go full term. He was born just shy of 35 weeks.

I don't know why I was so sure both times but I was absolutely convinced!

Hurr1cane Mon 05-Jan-15 15:40:59

I knew I was pregnant and I knew he was a boy but I didn't know my due date at all

ProbablyMe Mon 05-Jan-15 15:43:56

With my DS4 I was told by 2 Consultant Obstetricians that he was a girl. After Amnio I was told he was actually a boy. In the 2 weeks that I was waiting for the Amnio results I had nightly dreams that I had a girl that changed into a boy. Stopped when I got the results!!

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Mon 05-Jan-15 22:57:54

shock probably that is so weird. I keep dreaming that DD is here already, I'm so sure she's going to be early. Although that might just be my discomfort talking.

dy14 Mon 05-Jan-15 23:07:00

with DC1 I was sure I was having a boy and I did. DC2 was adamant was a girl and was a boy. now 19weeks+2 pregnant and hoping find out on Friday at scan the gender of DC3. smile smile

LetTheRiverAnswer Mon 05-Jan-15 23:08:11

I "knew" ds1 was a boy and would be early. No reason to think it, it was a perfectly normal pregnancy, I was healthy,.not particularly stressed or anything, but kept thinking and saying how it was good there is a neonatal unit at the hospital he was 2 months early, born spontaneously after 2 hour labour.
But then I was convinced ds2 was a girl. I don't know whether I had any premonition on when I would go into labour, because my thoughts were warped by previous experience. I was convinced I wouldn't go to term, and he turned up at 37 weeks,.so I was sort of right.
By ds3, I assumed he would be a boy and that I wouldn't go to full term, but not in a spooky way, just knew my pattern by then grin. But I still think my being convinced ds1 would be early was strange.

Shadow1986 Mon 05-Jan-15 23:10:37

I had a strong feeling twin 1 was a boy and twin 2 was a girl - I was right.
If only my strong feeling had been earlier on and given me a warning about the fact I was having twins!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 05-Jan-15 23:18:12

I also knew DS1 was a boy from the first moment I knew I was pregnant. I suppose doubters would say that I had a 50/50 chance of being right - which is a valid point of course - but I was so convinced that I painted the spare room blue & filled the wardrobe with boys clothing without even asking the gender at my scans!

It sounds really stupid looking back TBH grin. With DS2 & DD I had no clue and found out the gender of both at my 20 week scans.

FourthMary Mon 05-Jan-15 23:18:27

I knew ds was a boy and kept dreaming about him, didn't look at any girl clothes, it was confirmed at the 20week scan.

I also 'knew' he would be early, so I was very grumpy by the time he came 5 days late.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: