Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Did you have an instinct that turned out to be right?

(15 Posts)
FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Mon 05-Jan-15 13:44:42

With DS I was convinced he was a boy - and he was. With DD (not yet born) I knew she was a girl.

I also have a really strong feeling that she's going to come early. Not premature, thank god, but maybe around 37 or 38 weeks. I'm 33 weeks now.

With DS I guessed his birthday as the 1st, which was the day I went into labour, although he wasn't actually born until the 3rd.

Do you think there's anything in this or just coincidence? DH thinks lucky guesses, I think somehow I really did know/do know.

Number3cometome Mon 05-Jan-15 13:52:45

I knew DS was a DS and I knew DD was a DD.

I think I knew I would have my DS on time, he was born on his due date, but that may have been nesting symptoms.

DD I think would have been born a week early, but I had her by C-section 2 weeks early so who knows!

I think this one is a girl, but OH thinks a boy.

Hopefully we will find out in a few weeks all being well!

croon979 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:04:09

I have a really strong instinct that I am expecting a boy. Will find out tomorrow if I am right!

loudarts Mon 05-Jan-15 15:10:57

With dc1 I wasn't sure but thought it might be a girl and was right, dc2 I was quite sure would be a boy and was right. Dc3 I was so convinced was a girl I took pink clothes to the hospital and I was right. Dc4 I was sure was a girl and was right. Dc5 however I thought might be a boy and was wrong. Dc6 I was convinced would be a girl and was a boy so it probably is coincidence, that or instinct only works the first few times

Syd35 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:14:55

With DS I didn't have a strong feeling either way but this time around I was convinced it is a girl from early on. Had a gender scan the other week which confirmed this, so pretty pleased my intuition has been proven correct as I was doubting myself wondering if I was thinking girl because I already have a boy iyswim smile

skyra13 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:32:48

I had a strong feeling I was having a boy turned out to be a girl at the scan but I shall double check at my next scan!!

Banana82 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:39:19

I was so sure my DS was a boy that I started buying boy things after my 12 week scan.

I was also convinced I wouldn't go full term. He was born just shy of 35 weeks.

I don't know why I was so sure both times but I was absolutely convinced!

Hurr1cane Mon 05-Jan-15 15:40:59

I knew I was pregnant and I knew he was a boy but I didn't know my due date at all

ProbablyMe Mon 05-Jan-15 15:43:56

With my DS4 I was told by 2 Consultant Obstetricians that he was a girl. After Amnio I was told he was actually a boy. In the 2 weeks that I was waiting for the Amnio results I had nightly dreams that I had a girl that changed into a boy. Stopped when I got the results!!

FoulsomeAndMaggotwise Mon 05-Jan-15 22:57:54

shock probably that is so weird. I keep dreaming that DD is here already, I'm so sure she's going to be early. Although that might just be my discomfort talking.

dy14 Mon 05-Jan-15 23:07:00

with DC1 I was sure I was having a boy and I did. DC2 was adamant was a girl and was a boy. now 19weeks+2 pregnant and hoping find out on Friday at scan the gender of DC3. smile smile

LetTheRiverAnswer Mon 05-Jan-15 23:08:11

I "knew" ds1 was a boy and would be early. No reason to think it, it was a perfectly normal pregnancy, I was healthy,.not particularly stressed or anything, but kept thinking and saying how it was good there is a neonatal unit at the hospital he was 2 months early, born spontaneously after 2 hour labour.
But then I was convinced ds2 was a girl. I don't know whether I had any premonition on when I would go into labour, because my thoughts were warped by previous experience. I was convinced I wouldn't go to term, and he turned up at 37 weeks,.so I was sort of right.
By ds3, I assumed he would be a boy and that I wouldn't go to full term, but not in a spooky way, just knew my pattern by then grin. But I still think my being convinced ds1 would be early was strange.

Shadow1986 Mon 05-Jan-15 23:10:37

I had a strong feeling twin 1 was a boy and twin 2 was a girl - I was right.
If only my strong feeling had been earlier on and given me a warning about the fact I was having twins!

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 05-Jan-15 23:18:12

I also knew DS1 was a boy from the first moment I knew I was pregnant. I suppose doubters would say that I had a 50/50 chance of being right - which is a valid point of course - but I was so convinced that I painted the spare room blue & filled the wardrobe with boys clothing without even asking the gender at my scans!

It sounds really stupid looking back TBH grin. With DS2 & DD I had no clue and found out the gender of both at my 20 week scans.

FourthMary Mon 05-Jan-15 23:18:27

I knew ds was a boy and kept dreaming about him, didn't look at any girl clothes, it was confirmed at the 20week scan.

I also 'knew' he would be early, so I was very grumpy by the time he came 5 days late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now