Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C section Dr Kumar Kunde / Dr Con Kelleher??

(11 Posts)
alim733 Mon 05-Jan-15 09:54:36

Hello, im trying to figure out which consultant to go for at the St Thomas hospital private maternity suite. I have read good reviews about Dr Kunde but my mid wife thinks I should go to DR Kelleher. Has anyone had experience with either of these two or any other at this hospital? Im 22 weeks preg and will be having a c section in April. Many thanks!!

Number3cometome Mon 05-Jan-15 09:56:53

As in St Thomas Westminster?

alim733 Mon 05-Jan-15 10:05:03

yes St Thomas Westminter London, thanks

Number3cometome Mon 05-Jan-15 10:07:29

I had a C-section there in 2003.

I'm going to be completely honest and say that my labour there was an absolute disaster, but the C-section and ITU stay that followed was very professional.

I do not have a very visible scar, did not get an infection and I healed well.

My consultant at the time was Ms Bottomley but she is not there anymore.

Artistic Mon 05-Jan-15 10:35:40

I've recently used the private maternity at Queen Charlotte & it was brilliant! My consultant was Dr Zhang. The entire experience was beautiful & flawless! Not sure if this us useful, but if you have a choice of hospitals you could look around a bit more..

DearTeddyRobinson Mon 05-Jan-15 10:40:21

Con Kelleher delivered my DS by elcs 2 years ago. He was fantastic and I have no hesitation in recommending him. I stayed at the Landsell (the private wing) and the midwives were great.

alim733 Mon 05-Jan-15 11:02:11

Thanks TeddyRobinson. Can I ask if you had a scar following the elcs with Con?

DearTeddyRobinson Mon 05-Jan-15 12:59:29

My scar is almost invisible, you would genuinely have to be told it was there. He used surgical glue so no stitches, and I don't remember much pain at all that comes with BFing

hellokittyerw Tue 13-Jan-15 11:03:05

I had Mr Kunde at the Lansdell (now Westminster suite) in April 2013.
I was overall very pleased.
I had to have an emergency csection in the middle of the night, and Mr Kunde was there within 20 mins.
My scar is unfortunately quite big, as they needed to respond quickly to the emergency...but i imagine with an elective csection this won't be the case.
After the birth, the Westminster suite was very comfortable, and most midwives were great.

farfallarocks Wed 27-May-15 15:50:16

Just wanted to bump this to see if anyone has had recent experience of private consultants at St Thomas's?
It looks as though I will have to have a c section for various reasons and having had a pretty appalling stay on the NHS post natal ward I am keen to avoid a similar experience.
I am keen to have a very experienced surgeon if I know I am going to have to have c section.

Did anyone transfer at the last minute? I am not sure how to co-ordinate my ante natal care if not as I am being seen by all sorts of different departments (haematology, endocrinology) given all my various issues!

Clackalice10 Thu 26-May-16 08:04:11

Hi

Does anyone have a recent experience at the Westminster suite at st Thomas and which consultant did you choose? Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now