Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Concerned about weight loss during pregnancy

(8 Posts)
Littledragon13 Mon 05-Jan-15 09:50:58

Hi all

I'm a bit concerned that I'm losing weight instead of putting it on. I'm 13+5 not had any sickness for about a month and I'm eating healthy and well but I'm still a stone lighter than what I was when I found out I was pregnant.

Do you think this could be down to cutting out crappy food and alcohol?

Number3cometome Mon 05-Jan-15 09:58:27

Absolutely! I wouldn't worry too much, it sounds as though your weight loss has been healthy as you have been cutting this stuff out.

As long as you are not hungry and you are feeling well I wouldn't worry.

Just goes to show how many cals are in alcohol

Bondy83 Mon 05-Jan-15 10:00:14

Yes definitely cutting out the alcohol I've been same currently 32wk & lost 21lb only put 2lb back on. Baby is healthy size. I wouldn't worry as long as your eating healthy and drinking plenty

Littledragon13 Mon 05-Jan-15 10:00:52

Thanks number3 I never realised how much alcohol that I actually consumed most weeks before I was pregnant!

Number3cometome Mon 05-Jan-15 10:10:55

Me too, until I stopped and my fridge remained full hahaha!!

Banana82 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:42:59

I ended up a stone lighter than when I started!

weelamb123 Mon 05-Jan-15 15:49:27

Yes, me too. Ive lost around 9 lbs but that's down to severe sickness. Its common to lose weight I'm the first trimester. Don't worry u'll put it all back on and much more! Xx

teejayem Mon 05-Jan-15 16:45:48

I've had a weight drop too - I am convinced it's the removal of wine! - I'm not being very careful with what I eat, and sometimes I eat a LOT.... I was 10st 10lb when I fell pregnant, went up to 11st 5 at 10 weeks and am now around 10st 8lb. I feel like my boobs were 5 kg of fluid at one point tho...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now