Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weird pregnancy side effects

(12 Posts)
Discopanda Sun 04-Jan-15 23:55:09

My freckles have decided to come out...in JANUARY! Apparently it's an odd pregnancy side effect along, I was going to blame global warming. Is anyone else experiencing oddness?

sleepybee Mon 05-Jan-15 08:10:41

Everything that happens to me I google it & it's just another pregnancy thing! I haven't noticed my freckles coming out more, but I've had hair grow on my bump & crazy nightmares plus sleep talking

tiggy2610 Mon 05-Jan-15 08:13:54

I am growing freckles everywhere! I do have quite a few freckles anyway but recently I've noticed a few new ones on my tummy, upper arms and boobs shock

My personal favorite is the random chin hairs I seem to have developed...pregnancy is so glamorous wink

Discopanda Mon 05-Jan-15 11:56:53

Just when I thought I couldn't feel sexier, pregnancy decides to make the cellulite on my thighs 100x worse! It's such a magical time lol

wawabear Mon 05-Jan-15 16:33:51

I smell differently. Not better or worse, just not like me. It's quite disconcerting!

tiggy2610 Mon 05-Jan-15 17:00:19

Ah yes, the cellulite on the legs is just upping my sex appeal! On top of legs I haven't shaved for about 6 weeks, my growing stretch marks and hairy belly. I'm just fighting DH off wink

rosedavo Tue 06-Jan-15 19:50:38

Body hair growing quicker than usual, weird!

MrsLovell Tue 06-Jan-15 19:58:46

For the first 17 weeks of my pregnancy I had a constantly jumping muscle in the bridge of my nose that made it feel like I was involuntarily twitching my nose. I'm 22 weeks now and it seems to have gone thank God! It was driving me crazy!

FloweryBoots Tue 06-Jan-15 20:26:13

Twitchy legs in the evenings. They just jerk periodically and it's completely out of my control. Quite uncomfortable and disconcerting, not to mention annoying. But worst is that DH thinks it is HILARIOUS. It's really not.

birdofthenorth Tue 06-Jan-15 21:57:51

Massive cravings for ice! Suspect it's anaemia, better check!

seaoflove Tue 06-Jan-15 22:11:11

My hair changed colour. Naturally dark blonde but at the end of the pregnancy I had really dark roots. Then it started coming through lighter after I gave birth. Took a long time to grow out the 2-3 inch dark stripe!

sianihedgehog Tue 06-Jan-15 22:29:48

I've got nosebleeds. All the time, like several times a day. Had no idea that was a thing when you're pregnant, but there it is on the NHS website!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now