Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nesting and driving myself (and everyone around me) mad.

(15 Posts)
Letmeeatcakecakecake Sun 04-Jan-15 20:55:55

I'm obsessed.

I don't need to get much baby stuff as I've kept most things from DS so I appear to be throwing all my nesting into organising my house.

There's so many things that need doing and buying, I'm driving my other half, mum and dad insane!

Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I seem to think my entire house needs a make over before the baby comes!

Letmeeatcakecakecake Sun 04-Jan-15 20:56:17

Oh and I can't stop eating either.

Pregnantagain7 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:01:31

Yep i was exactly the same. I actually hated my house I couldn't believe how dirty it was (it's really not!) I was painting walls, cleaning grout with a toothbrush and just generally being a bit crazy.
I must have thrown about 30 bin bags of stuff away poor dp was constantly at the tip. When I felt like everything was done the urge to cook started especially baking at the time I thought i as behaving totally normally but now with hindsight I was slightly mad grin
Baby is 11 weeks now and the house it's back to it's normal untidy self!

Meplusyouequals4 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:01:39

I started being like this at about 28 weeks I'm currently 34 weeks and still doing it but In 6 short weeks I've managed to get people to redecorate the living room, my room, my DD room and the nursery.

Ive reorganized my house several times, moved furniture on almost a daily basis.

It's starting to calm down now and is mostly cleaning now which I'm being told off all the time.

So I know what you are going through

Is this tour first?

skyra13 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:01:58

I really want to start doing thing now as I'm 27 weeks, I want to change our bedroom round and get bits ready to start decorating the baby's room and my hubby then said you have 3 months to do that ....... Ermm yer lets fucking move furniture when I'm the size of a house!! I want it done now not in next month! Kind of annoyed now that he does not realise how hard thing will be the bigger I get!!!

Pregnantagain7 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:03:04

Oh and cushions. I was obsessed with buying cushions must have bought about 20 new cushions!

RachieS1986 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:08:13

At 38 weeks with dc2 and the cleaning bug has hit. It's great though for decluttering, I dnt think twice before chucking unnecessary stuff.

Littlef00t Sun 04-Jan-15 21:10:55

I was hoovering the car floor at 37 wks as obviously newborn dd would just Die if the carpet was a bit dirty.

Letmeeatcakecakecake Sun 04-Jan-15 21:12:34

Haha no it's not my first! With my first I obsessively bought baby items, but as I don't need them this time I'm obsessively buying household items... And eating weetos.

So far this weekend I've ordered a new rug for the living room. A vax steam cleaner (I can't even believe to describe the fantasies I'm having about this blush). And ordered new wardrobes from ikea (I spent about an hour decided how I'd like the interior to be!)

Now I just need to steam clean my entire house, build my wardrobes and have them tidied up to look built in, have the loft floor boreded with proper walls so I can organise storage up there, sand and re paint the downstairs hall way, stairs, upstairs hall way, my bedroom and the nursery, have the dining room wallpapered and pipes boxed in, measure and order new blinds for my bedroom and the nursery, have ceiling lights fitted in mine and the babies bedroom.... HELP!

Letmeeatcakecakecake Sun 04-Jan-15 21:14:21

little I'm ordering my new car when DP is next off work... I've decided that I couldn't POSSIBLY have two children and anything other than a mazda cx5!

who said pregnant women are crazy?

bellaboo88 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:22:38

I'm not a fan of cleaning or decluttering but I'm enjoying it!! I wish I could be like this more!! Even fantasising of clearing out the garage! 6weeks to get it done! X

skyra13 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:42:04

I only want to sort mine an baby's room out and have ordered shelving!!

redcaryellowcar Sun 04-Jan-15 21:59:14

The St before ds2 arrived I googled then successfully 'washed' my Dyson, he came at 38 weeks, so I thought I was ahead of the pace. my next job was steam cleaning the house, needless today ds2 is now 10 months and the house has not been steam cleaned.

tiggy2610 Sun 04-Jan-15 22:16:32

I had a complete hysterical breakdown this afternoon and declared to DH that our house was "...so small bringing a baby here is cruel!" and proceeded to sob on the rug for the next ten minutes.

This was all because the layout of the living room is so awkward we can't rearrange it in any way despite my urge to move EVERYTHING blush. We do have a smaller 2 bedroom home but I now realise I was being a tad emotional...

I've recently cleaned all the skirting boards and even moved out all bedroom furniture to dust every inch I could get my paws on. I also seem to have developed an inability to have bedding on for any longer than 3 days without declaring it too dirty to sleep in blush

I hope this calms down when baby arrives, it's exhausting!

helloelo Sun 04-Jan-15 22:29:09

I'm 39wks, this weekend I organised all my bedding into sizes and colours, ironing pillow cases. Then I cleaned behind the radiators. Then I redid the silicon joints in the bathroom. Then obviously the wall plugs were dusty so I got the toothbrush out.
Now I'm dying on the sofa with the biggest BH ever.
DH thinks I'm completely insane.
So....... You're not alone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now