Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could I be Pregnant...

(6 Posts)
katiesnicks Sun 04-Jan-15 20:05:09

Hi ladies,

I'm a step-mummy of 2, adorable little beans smile and mummy of two furry toddlers... Anyhow

I came off the pill about five weeks ago, I'm in my late 30's. I've come off the pill and had a period straight away, this time nothing.

I took a pregnancy test (just a cheap one) two weeks ago based on the no period, normally happens straight away and it was negative as I was a little surprised Aunt Flo hadn't made a visit, 3 almost 4 weeks on no period and my skin has gone nuts broken out in spots (I've never had spots) my boobs (which have always been a very generous size) have definitely got bigger, I did eat more cheese than normal over Christmas but generally didn't over indulge.

Did any of you experience skin issues and boobs getting bigger so early on? Google would suggest it's not a sign but I'm not so sure. The reason I mentioned my furballs is that one of my cats never sits on my lap and can't get him off! And the other keeps bringing me toys - someone said this was a sign.

Is it too early for a test to pick a pregnancy up? Am going to do another one tomorrow morning x

Help/guidance appreciated!

katiesnicks Sun 04-Jan-15 21:36:14

I know I'm new to the boards but would very much appreciate some advise xx

ELA88 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:41:58

When I first came off the pill I didn't have a period for a couple of months, lots of negative tests! eventually they settled back into a routine but it took a while. Maybe wait a week or so and see what happens, if no period try poas again? Sorry not very good advice!

rockinrobintweet Sun 04-Jan-15 21:45:16

i would just do another test as i would be too curious! my boobs were the first symptom i had very early on in my pregnancy so wouldn't rule it out as a sign!!!!!

Elledouble Sun 04-Jan-15 21:49:21

My boobs were puffy and achey when I was about 4-6 weeks pregnant and beginning to think something was amiss - a fairly common sign, I believe!

katiesnicks Sun 04-Jan-15 21:59:54

Thank you so much ladies, it was the spots that had me thinking as I've never had them before plus my nipples were really sore.

Did a test a few minutes ago and it was negative sad found an ovulation test kit that I'd forgotten I had brought and that was not a smiley face sad maybe it's just too soon, shall give it a few weeks and try again

I guess it's too soon, was just hoping smile

Thank you for the help xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now