Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dreading consultant appt tomorrow

(4 Posts)
MrsRuby Sun 04-Jan-15 19:00:02

He is actually a lovely man but he was also my consultant when I lost my twins at 22 weeks. He actually delivered my little girl (I lost my boy 3 days later) I'm 23 weeks now and so far everything's ok and should continue but I know I'm going to be a mess having to talk to him as I know it will bring it all back. I got so freaked out at my 20 week scan that they're scanning me again for reassurance tomorrow too. I also have to tell him we want another home birth this time if it all goes ok which never goes down that well with consultants I find. Just want some hand holding really and to get it off my chest.

Number3cometome Mon 05-Jan-15 11:43:43

Hi Mrs, so sorry to read your devastating pregnancy with your twins.

I actually think seeing your consultant again will help, he knows your history and is absolutely best placed to give you advice.

I also think you need to have that cry, you need to talk it over and hear what he has to say.

I think perhaps he may also be worrying about meeting again with you, perhaps he will feel that it will be painful for you all over again, but really this is a good thing.

Please be brave, keep the appointment and talk it through.

Let us know how you get on x

MrsRuby Mon 05-Jan-15 17:11:42

Thank you so much for your lovely and supportive post number3. I should say that we did have a debrief with him a few months after we lost them which was very teary but as you say, helpful.

In the end I didn't even get to see him today - ended up seeing his registrar instead who was useless and told me a lot of inaccurate information about VBAC although that was not the reason for me being there! It was pretty much a waste of an entire day although I did get to see my baby again on the scan which is obviously reassuring. Anyway, think I'm done bothering with them now and am probably going to opt for midwife led care instead. Thanks again for your post. Xxxx

Number3cometome Mon 05-Jan-15 17:23:09

You are very welcome and all the best xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now