Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How hot is too hot for a bath?

(7 Posts)
Bondy83 Sun 04-Jan-15 18:26:14

I'm 32wk and extremely uncomfortable in my back and hips. The only thing that really helps is too have a bath but I do like my baths really hot. Is it just an old wives tale that you shouldn't have hot baths? I've also got a hot water bottle permanently attached to me am I ok to put it on my bump?

Wormatthebottomofthegarden Sun 04-Jan-15 18:32:47

You should avoid over heating, any baths you can't get straight into or make your skin red. Avoid heating up your core body temperature. Also getting too hot can cause you to become dehydrated or faint by dropping your BP.

leanne963 Sun 04-Jan-15 18:45:38

I have my baths quite hot too! But it difficult to tell exactly how warm it is without a thermometer I guess! My house is freezing and I mean freezing....so when I get in a bath my torso feels just warm and my feet feel like they are on fire cause ofor how cols they were before.

I think that as long as your body temperature doesn't go over 105 you are ok!

Jodie1982 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:19:39

Ooo I have to have a really hot bath too for my achy hips n back, it's annoying now though as my bump n boobs stick out of the water too much!

Bondy83 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:22:28

What about the hot water bottle? Please tell me I'm not the only one who puts it on my bump?

leanne963 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:31:44

I usually have a hot water bottle with me everyday as, like I said, house is freezing and I suffer from round ligament pain. I tend to put it over my dressing gown so it's not directly touching the skin!

4hayters Sun 04-Jan-15 20:06:32

I thought you couldn't have hot baths in case you felt faint. I'm currently pregnant with baby number 4 and have always had hot baths. As long as you don't feel faint I think you're ok. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now