Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Too early to tell? Am I going potty?!

(4 Posts)
hethajf Sun 04-Jan-15 17:10:35

Hi all,
I'm new to this website and VERY new to trying to conceive, so please be kind and bear with me!

My partner and I decided mid December (14) that we are ready to start a family. The 1st day of my last period was 6th December, my cycle is about 30 days so that puts my ovulation window between 29th Dec - 3rd Jan. I had my copper coil removed on 30th December and we had intercourse on the 1st and 2nd of January.

Since late evening on the 2nd, I've been feeling odd. I keep trying to tell myself that it's waaay too early to feel pregnant, implantation wont have even taken place yet, but is it possible that my body knows an egg has been fertilized or am I just imagining symptoms because i want them to be there?

I have this weird fuzzy feeling in the pit of my tummy, I can only really describe it as a nervous feeling if that makes sense? My breasts were HOT yesterday, and today I've been a bit dizzy, feeling slightly sick (although not very bad at all) and just generally odd. I also seem to have lost my appetite which REALLY isn't like me. It's too soon for me to be feeling premenstrual and, to be honest, it doesn't feel like that anyway!

What do you all think? Am I getting ahead of myself?

H x

Jaffakake Sun 04-Jan-15 17:47:57

I'd say that maybe you are getting a bit ahead of yourself. In my relatively limited experience of being pregnant twice its only once implantation plus a few days can you start to tell. I knew last time due to my boobs hurting. I knew this time by my boobs feeling a bit different & my skin changing & looking softer & more elastic!

However, I'd not dismiss your feelings out of hand. I think some people are just very tuned into their own bodies. (Seriously, how people can get to 3+ months pg & not realise I have no idea!)

Try not to get ahead of yourself as it may not stick. Both times I've got pregnant it always been after a suspiciously heavy period the month before.

hethajf Tue 06-Jan-15 14:15:38

Yeah thats what i thought, ah well no harm in wishing (although im still feeling funny). Ive never been very good at the waiting game but im going to try to resist an early test and wait until my period's due. Fingers crossed!

lmb21010 Tue 06-Jan-15 14:41:42

You could fall as soon as coil is removed if the timings right but I very much doubt you would eve have an inkling for a few weeks. I fell the month after my coil was removed, but it was only when my period was due I started getting symptoms like sore boobs. With dd1 I had no symptoms at all through the whole pregnancy! This time I've had everything and I'm only just 13 weeks! Good luck but don't get your hopes up too soon xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now