Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best Double Pram For Newborn & Toddler

(12 Posts)
dy14 Sun 04-Jan-15 14:33:31

I am due my 3rd in may and I will be going to look at prams next week most likely. My 2nd DS will be 21months when baby is born and my first will be starting school so dont need to worry about a buggy/pram for him! So I am looking for a double one. I was thinking the city jogger mini double? I would love the bugaboo but its quite pricey! Not sure I could fork that out. But I would like one to be parent facing. I no with the city mini u can use carry cot. My sons were big babies and im presuming this one will be so wont be in carrycot for long.

Any suggest others? Or recommend city mini?

Thanksgrin grin grin

AuntieStella Sun 04-Jan-15 14:37:35

You might like to have a browse in the Pushchair topic as a lot of helpful, well informed and (possibly most usefully) current owners share their experiences there.

MuffinMcLay23 Sun 04-Jan-15 14:52:56

I know a lot of people who are very happy with the double Out n About all of whom could easily have afforded a bugaboo donkey but preferred the Out n About for ease of folding/maneuvering etc. The gap between my two was two big to have a double buggy so I don't have any personal experience.

westcountrywoman Sun 04-Jan-15 14:56:26

I have a 21 month age gap between my two children and we LOVED our Mountain Buggy Duet. It's one of the narrowest side-by-side doubles out there (as narrow as many singles / Phil & Teds doubles because the wheels sit under the frame). It's great off-road or in town, it's very light to push and has the option of a carrycot or car seat attachment for baby (and I believe the newer models also have parent-facing seats).

Mangobubbles Sun 04-Jan-15 17:35:58

City select baby jogger!!! My 2 are 18 months apart and it is brilliant for each stage, very versatile and good as a single too. Still using it for my 3 year old and will be using it in June when DC3 arrives.

TheScenicRoute Sun 04-Jan-15 20:47:35

I'm buying the mountain buggy duet for mine. They have a new version out called the evolution, or you can get the last version second hand. It's the most narrow double on the market.

Pregnantagain7 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:14:51

I've got the bugaboo donkey. I got it because I wanted a side by side that you could clip a car seat onto.It's ok but a pain to get in and out of the car also the seats are small my eldest is 15 months and I can't see him fitting in it past 2 (he's a big lad though!)

My plan is to carry on with it til my 3 month old outgrows his bucket car seat then I'm going to sell it and buy a baby city jogger. Everyone I know who has one raves about them and they are so much easier to put up and down.
It really would have been my perfect buggy if only I could have clipped a car seat on it. I do nursery and school pick ups for my older two children and it would be a real pain getting him in and out of his car seat if he was asleep.

TheScenicRoute Sun 04-Jan-15 21:32:07

The mountain duet fits car seats on it, but is also slim so wouldn't be ideal for you pregnantagain7

pinkpudding Sun 04-Jan-15 21:45:13

i have 22 months between dd2 &dd3 and have a stroll air that i bought online. absolutely love it. parent or front facing, proper pram for baby and can put car seat on too. i walk everywhere with it. But bulky for the car boot though, have an umbrella buggy in there which i hate.

HazleNutt Sun 04-Jan-15 21:51:25

I'm also going for the Mountain Buggy, as we mostly need it for off-road dog walks.

slightlyinsane Mon 05-Jan-15 11:32:33

Because of the age gap I would look at singles you can convert to a double unless you are happy to get a single further down the line.
I have the baby jogger city select which I use for twins, however I did want it when I had my dd and ds who are similar age gap to yours, unfortunately funds would not allow at the time. I loved it that much that when I found out I was expecting twins 4 yrs later there was no doubting which pushchair I was getting.
It's great but the biggest thing for me is that one child isn't at the back underneath which a lot of tandem ones are.

DanaBarrett Mon 05-Jan-15 11:35:54

I know you didn't ask, but have you considered a sling? I carried dd2 while she was little and pushed dd1 who was just turned two, then we mixed and matched with what worked, carrying one or the other, giving dd1 the chance to walk etc xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now