Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI ...

(12 Posts)
Leasa21 Sun 04-Jan-15 00:59:15

Having went to sleep at 1130 I just woke up with the worst stoumach pain I've ever felt. A horrible stoumach cramps and feeling like I'm gonna be sick everywhere. Tried to lay through the pain but it became too much and ended going and sitting on the toilet and trying for a poo. I have a feeling I have really bad constipation but I've never experienced something where it's woken me up before and felt that sick. I know its normal for constipation during pregnancy but is that kind of pain and sickness normal? It was enough to wake me up and even though I didn't pass anything it seems to have settled now I've sat on the loo for a little bit.

Btw, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and very very worried about something happening in my pregnancy xx

toothachereturns Sun 04-Jan-15 05:57:12

Leasa21 I had something very similar last week. I'm 7 wks pg. It really felt like I was going to have (tmi alert) explosive diarrhoea, I was sweating, doubled over on the loo..... then.... nothing! I went back to bed and slept fine. Then had a totally normal poo the next day!
I don't think you've got anything to worry about. smile Unless it's accompanied by bleeding.

Teeste Sun 04-Jan-15 09:13:11

I woke up in the middle of the night a few weeks ago with strong rythmic stomach cramps, feared the worst (as you do), but no - it was just my constipation easing (rather forcefully). I'm now 16 weeks. Nobody really tells you about all the fun digestive stuff that goes on in pregnancy, do they?!

But if you're really worried, go and get checked out. Hope you feel better soon!

Fernfrond Sun 04-Jan-15 09:57:53

I had this in my first pregnancy, from about 5 weeks til 8 weeks I had terrible cramping, very similar to bad diarrhoea cramps but nothing ever came of it. I freaked out each time, but I never had any bleeding and my midwife said it was implantation cramps, not sure if I believed her! I didn't get it with my second pregnancy. It can't hurt to get it checked, to set your mind at ease. I hope it settles soon smile

Leasa21 Sun 04-Jan-15 10:16:42

Thank you guys. This has reassured me. I managed to fall asleep pretty quickly afterwards. Think I might eat loads of fruit and veg today to see if it helps. I haven't had the greatest of diets the past two weeks lol. As j don't have a midwife yet I think I might mention it on Tuesday at my scan smile x

eastcoastmum2014 Sun 04-Jan-15 10:23:28

I had something similar at work in the middle of the day at about 5 weeks pregnant ..... only something came out as well .....yikes! (I'm 37 weeks now) xx

PerpetualStudent Sun 04-Jan-15 13:36:06

I had something similar to this a couple of weeks ago (Am now 18+6) massively painful, rhythmical cramps - followed by D&V. I've had trapped wind before and it felt like that, but on an epic scale - I was like 'surely just trapped wind can't make you cry/sweat/vomit' - a little googling and mumsnetting seemed to confirm that apparently it can... Flipping pregnancy hmm

I am going to check with my Dr when I see them next week though - so would be interested to hear what your midwife says too OP

Emz1989 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:12:06

I had this - actually I had this on and off for about 3 weeks from about week 6-9 I think. Dh very nearly called an ambulance once because I was in absolute agony, keeled over, sweating, double vision, pretty much unable to speak, crying... Much like previous posters it then seemed to pass and never really amounted to much! A few people suggested it could be caused by trapped wind or constipation but I refused to believe something so 'simple' could cause such discomfort. Turns out since my bowel movements have become more regular I've experienced nothing like this again.... Not much help I know, but you're not alone! It will pass!

sleepybee Sun 04-Jan-15 21:34:02

No point mentioning it at your scan as it will only be sonographer there.

Just make sure you're drinking enough water, eating fibre - veg, fruits, dried fruit etc - apples with skin on & grapes work for me and take some brisk walks to keep things moving.

Discopanda Mon 05-Jan-15 00:00:10

My friend had really bad constipation with her first it eased off after the first trimester when she was able to stop folic acid so she blames that.

MrsG23 Mon 05-Jan-15 01:53:39

You'd be surprised that constipation could cause such pain... But it can. I'm a nurse and have had grown men, admitted into hospital requiring morphine for the pain... It is the peristaltic movement of the bowel that goes into overdrive to try and shift everything - it can be incredibly painful. We get a lot of people admitted onto my ward (emergency surgery) with severe abdo pain that shows to be faecal loading and constipation...

TouchPauseEngage Mon 05-Jan-15 10:16:50

I had this at about 8 weeks (I'm now 15).
Middle of the night, I was in agony and had simultaneous D&V for about 30 mins. Ended up sobbing in a sweaty heap on the floor. The feeling subsided and I woke up the next morning right as rain.

Very interesting to read that it has happened to quite a lot of people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now