Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pram question....?

(14 Posts)
ParsleyCake Sat 03-Jan-15 23:12:06

I've fallen in love with the design and feel of the Silvercross Wayfairer. Mother in Law has offered to buy it as a gift and so it looks like we're going to go ahead and get it, but I wanted to know if there are any issues with it that others have had. One friend mentioned that their front wheel is bent in, but not sure how common this is? Replacement wheels can be bought anyway though.

ELA88 Sat 03-Jan-15 23:20:17

We've got the silver cross pioneer waiting for us in Babies R Us! Cannot comment on the wayfarer as this is our first baby but I can't wait to pick up the pram, all the silver cross' look so lovely!

sleepybee Sat 03-Jan-15 23:43:04

We ordered the pioneer this week. We were going for wayfarer but my mum wanted the pioneer chassis so just went with it as fed up looking. The wayfarer & pioneer are the same just different wheels not too much difference in £

Redtractorwontsleep Sat 03-Jan-15 23:49:44

I have got the silvercross wayfarer, I didn't like it at the beginning but once I knew how to handle it I love it! For example if your stepping off a kerb you need to lever the pram up slightly then off the kerb rather than tilt it on the wheels otherwise you do get bent wheels. No other problems I can think of.
It's got a big basket, carrycot is nice and roomy. Just started using the pushchair and that's great as well.

madwomanacrosstheroad Sun 04-Jan-15 00:22:54

I would be a bit weary of silver cross these days. Silver crazy ss used to make excellent good quality prams until the company went bankrupt in the late 1990s. Following that the name and logo where bought by another company who produces cheap plasticky prams in china, sticks the silver cross logo on it and sell it more expensively as silver cross is a make people trust. There are a lot of quality issues with those buggies and prams.the current wayfarer is modeled on the original wayfarer pram that was popular in the 1990. It was completely indestructable. The current model does not look as sturdy.

D0nnaO Sun 04-Jan-15 09:30:23

I love the look of the wayfarer but we went with the pioneer as side by side it looks more sturdier than the wayfarer. The wheels are like a mini tyre rather than hollow plastic & the frame on the chassis is much thicker. I've seen on here that there appears to be stock issues with the pioneer but we ordered ours on a Sunday from mothercare & it was delivered on the Wednesday smile

Wineandchoccy Sun 04-Jan-15 10:51:09

We have bought the silver cross Pioneer which is just a different chassis to the wayfarer, we bought it from the Silver Cross outlet shop in Bradford for £400 instead of £600. If you google babycare bradford it will take you to there outlet shop, they have an ebay shop if you are nowhere near Bradford to collect.

ParsleyCake Sun 04-Jan-15 22:54:08

Thanks!

Lyca63 Tue 30-Aug-16 04:07:34

Hi. Does anyone know anyone selling a '90s wayfarer (preferably the excel model with the solid plastic shopping tray). I'm in Lancashire but willing to travel for the right one!! Thank you.

DanniAngelMummy Tue 30-Aug-16 08:10:20

I don't know about the newer models to be honest but just wanted to defend silver cross a little...
I had one with my first (a silver cross travel system) and it was brilliant!! Never had any problems and to be honest we never brought a stroller, just continued to use the pushchair until she was 3! No quality issues with mine smile
I would have got one this time but money didn't allow d

Nan0second Tue 30-Aug-16 08:19:58

Please google reviews of both pioneer and wayfarer before you buy. One of them has totally awful reviews and silver cross has terrible customer service these days

RaisingSteam Tue 30-Aug-16 08:29:49

I won an immaculate old- style silver cross wayfarer on ebay, (long since re sold) I'd get a saved search on and bide your time. It was even black not an eye watering flower pattern!

shitwithsugaron Tue 30-Aug-16 08:35:43

I've got the wayfarer and I love it. DD was a long newborn so wasn't in the carrycot for long, but the pushchair component is fine. Now she's 9.5 months she absolutely loves being in the pushchair and seeing where she's going in particular, that's the best thing about parent/outward facing.

It's easy to click together once you've got the knack, but when it's your first everything is brand new anyway so the pram is something else you have no clue about! I really struggled with the adaptors for the car seat for ages but soon figured it out.

We also got the simplicity car seat free on offer at Mothercare when we ordered the actual pram, plus we went to an expectant parent event and got a further 10% off.

Becciilouisex3 Tue 30-Aug-16 09:21:51

I had my heart set on the wayfairer but we went with the Pioneer too! It seems a lot of mom's tend to. The Pioneer is basically the wayfairer but more durable, especially the wheels.

It is quite large and heavy but I love it smile worth the extra we paid X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now