Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did you get excited about pregnancy with DC2?

(7 Posts)
CarrotPuff Sat 03-Jan-15 17:42:05

I know it's early days (I'm almost 7weeks) but I don't feel very excited about this baby. Don't get me wrong, it's very much wanted, I'm excited at the prospect of DS having a sibling. But I'm not that excited about the baby itself just yet. Is it just "been there, done that" factor? When did you start getting excited with number 2?

Slavetominidictator Sat 03-Jan-15 17:49:29

Not yet.... I'm 28 wks with dc2 and not feeling it yet. Hoping it'll kick in when I go on maternity leave and get a bit of time to myself while dd1 is at nursery.

Quinandthem Sat 03-Jan-15 17:55:53

I'm glad to be pregnant but after 2 mc I know it's still early days.

Also you know how hard work a newborn is (and that was without another child to look after)

Jaffakake Sat 03-Jan-15 17:56:51

I'm getting there now, at 27 weeks. Getting some baby clothes out of the loft helped. Feeling kicks has helped too. Ds getting excited at the whole big brother thing & asking to hold his new baby cousin really got my heart strings going!

Having the consultant appointment where my elcs was agreed was a relief.

Tbh I think once we start getting the spare room sorted and maternity leave creeps ever closer I'll be up for it!

dietcokeisgreat Sat 03-Jan-15 18:09:51

I'm not that excited yet with dc2 at 16wks. Just disgruntled at early weight gain and a bump already! Think it will start to be more real after the anomaly scan and when i feel movements.

Racheyg Sat 03-Jan-15 19:46:03

I'm freaking out grin was hoping to have a slightly bigger age gap but I did get teary when I saw my bean on scan at 14 weeks. Have my nxt scan in a week (20) and I'm getting a little excited.

But I'm sure once I have finished work I will start to get proper excited. Good luck with all your pregnancies smile

Dogsmom Sat 03-Jan-15 21:22:01

Today!
I'm 31+6 and haven't really thought much about it, it's flown by unlike dd1 probably because I have her to focus on whereas with your first you're just desperate to have your child.

By this stage in my first pregnancy my bag was packed, her nursery was all decorated and her clothes washed, ironed and in her wardrobe, I even laid a little sleepsuit in the cot and used to spend ages in there gazing at it and putting it against me trying to imagine her here.

With this one the cot is stood flat packed on the landing, we have no nursery at all because we're waiting for planning permission to knock into the loft space and create more rooms and it's only when she kicks that I remember she's there!

So, this weekend now Christmas and new year is out of the way I decided to get organised, we've bought a new mattress for her and today I fetched all of dd1's newborn clothes out of the loft, ironed them and that's what has made it finally sink in and now I'm excited. I even bought some maternity pads when I was at the supermarket in preparation for tomorrow when I'm going to pack the bag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now