Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

YoSushi while pregnant - would you?

(22 Posts)
Theyvallgone Sat 03-Jan-15 11:21:25

Love love love YoSushi and have a real craving for it today. Never been poorly following a visit so should be fine while pregnant?

Partner not convinced. Found this on NHS website:
www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/is-it-safe-to-eat-sushi-during-pregnancy.aspx?categoryid=54

Seems to say that as long as it has been prepared properly it will be fine. I can't see a big chain restaurant not preparing the food properly (for fear of litigation?) so ... would you?

Pico2 Sat 03-Jan-15 11:28:30

I have had Yo Sushi a number if times while pregnant. Do yes, I would.

nannynome Sat 03-Jan-15 11:30:51

I checked with them, their salmon is farmed not wild and all their fish is frozen before use so perfectly fine for us pregnant ladies. Helpful considering the cravings I had in my last pregnancy, I just wish they had a loyalty card!

HeyMicky Sat 03-Jan-15 11:31:26

It's fine. It's prepped from frozen fish, which is acceptable as per the NHS website.

weeblueberry Sat 03-Jan-15 11:57:41

I would and have!! Like others have said it's frozen before prepping so you're safe smile

ChickenMe Sat 03-Jan-15 12:02:56

I would. My friend ate it in pregnancy as she was told it was frozen. I wonder if they freeze the seared beef though as that's my fave..

Tryingreallyhard84 Sat 03-Jan-15 12:09:46

If I'd have not been able to eat YO Sushi, my husband might have divorced me. grin As others have said, its pre-frozen and if in doubt, stick to the veggie ones and the hot soups, etc.

Pico2 Sat 03-Jan-15 12:11:44

I've skipped the beef, which is a shame as it is one of my favourites.

DanyStormborn Sat 03-Jan-15 12:38:06

I wouldn't decide to go just the two of us as I can't be bothered to ask which raw fish has been pre frozen. But if OH was desperate for Yo Sushi or I was invited by friends then I would go. There is plenty of non raw fish stuff on the menu and I guess I could try to ask what was pre frozen.

DanyStormborn Sat 03-Jan-15 12:39:07

Oops read other posts properly - it's ALL pre frozen?! Yay!! smile

Theyvallgone Sat 03-Jan-15 13:03:54

Omg best news I've had in a while thanks everyone :D

I thought about asking whether it was frozen first but didn't want them to give me a funny look haha!

I've been so sick up till now that I couldn't consider it so will be fab to go.
Funnily enough I'll eat seared beef no probs, was worried about those fish wormy things!

nannynome Sat 03-Jan-15 13:42:21

The amount of sushi I ate during my last pregnancy from there, I think I would be the perfect test case for if there would have been an issue. My poor DH isn't really a fan and we were there almost weekly! Enjoy smile

TwoLittleTerrors Sat 03-Jan-15 13:46:31

I did when I went to Japan when pregnant with DD1. It's not yosushi ofc being in Japan. But I had lots of sushi and sashimi.

hippymama1 Sat 03-Jan-15 13:47:47

I've eaten sushi by the tonne as long as it fits within the tuna etc limits... I love it usually but since I've been pregnant I can't get enough spicy california rolls. In fact, I might get some now... grin

RevoltingPeasant Sat 03-Jan-15 15:27:36

I had Marks n Spencer sushi in first tri and that is all no raw fish so fine, if that helps!

chiruri Sat 03-Jan-15 20:25:57

I've eaten loads of sushi this pregnancy! It's weird cos I've never been that into it before but it's been a major craving of mine for months. I didn't have Yo Sushi, but lots of fresh stuff from a local sushi bar and it's been amazing.

Sonoma Sat 03-Jan-15 23:28:40

Fish fine but skip the beef as it's rare and theoretically a toxo risk

sleepybee Sat 03-Jan-15 23:40:52

I've been but only had veggie ones & chicken katsu curry mm!

PerpetualStudent Sun 04-Jan-15 13:29:27

Really want some sushi now

KateRaeganandMichael Fri 26-Jun-15 21:08:09

Hungry for sushi now - I'm going to yo sushi tomorrow so please ld to see that it is all pre frozen (original reason I'm on this thread was to find out whether or not I could eat there) x yum yum yum!

sianihedgehog Fri 26-Jun-15 22:14:24

Would and have! Life is too short to restrict myself any more than the NHS says to!

Cherryblossomsinspring Sun 28-Jun-15 06:52:17

Yes, no concerns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now