Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 week scan...to find out or not find out sex of baby?!

(8 Posts)
Bubbly77 Sat 03-Jan-15 10:43:30

Hi All! I will be 19 weeks on Monday and have my 20 week scan booked for 12 January 2015. I can't wait. Hubby originally wanted to find out the sex of the baby and I didn't, so we both agreed not to. I currently have two boys, aged 10 and 4 years. I have felt differently in this pregnancy, worse, felt very sick (but not been it), a lot more tired, and looked a lot worse (more spotty) and pale. I blossomed in my previous pregnancies. Everyone keeps saying it's got to be a girl but I think it's a boy. I must admit I am tempted to find out but wanted a surprise as this is my third and final child. What are everyone else's plans? confused

whothefuckhas5children Sat 03-Jan-15 11:07:48

Am 21 weeks and scan is on Monday. DH wants to find out, mostly from a practical point of view - so we can donate half of the clothes from previous babies.

The children have started stating preferences which is hard as we cant 'change' the sex of this little one and I don't want them to have gender disappointment!

We didn't find out in previous children, although DH wanted to on last baby but baby wasn't in the right position at scan.

I don't want to as quite like the 'reveal' at the end.

Swanny84 Sat 03-Jan-15 11:19:41

We've decided not to find out, we've 4 girls between us but this is our first together. Main reasons we've decided not too are that it doesn't make a difference to us aslong as its healthy and I can't be done with the negative "awww, surely you'll try again for a boy" like I had with my 2nd daughter. Good luck xx

We didn't find out. Best decision we made, finding out we had a girl when she was born was the biggest high!

applecore0317 Sat 03-Jan-15 12:03:36

My 20 week scan is on Tuesday, but we had a scan before Christmas and found out we are having a girl, for us we love being able to refer to her as our daughter already. I understand that some people find it more special to find out on the day he/she is born, but I am not known for my patience smile It was great finding out, my husband and I got emotional and my parents were with us as well, so it was perfect for us.

babyblabber Sat 03-Jan-15 13:31:23

Very personal decision. We didn't find out in first two but I accidentally found out this time.

Having experienced both I way way prefer not knowing!

Bubbly77 Sat 03-Jan-15 15:01:58

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I think I will wait as that was my initial thoughts, it will be something extra to look forward too! xx smile

mum2benicole Sat 03-Jan-15 16:33:51

I had my 20wk scan Monday and found out that im having a boy I new before she said anything as u couldn't miss his tink hehe over the moon tho as I have a 17month old daughter do one of each is fab
Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now