Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy pillows ?

(14 Posts)
Findingthisdifficult1234 Sat 03-Jan-15 10:39:32

Have any of you guys ever used one or thinking of getting one?
Are they worth the money ? Which one would you recommend?

Dollyemi Sat 03-Jan-15 10:45:30

First time round I used a bycarla one, rubbish and absolutely massive. I had to wrestle with it to get out of bed for my frequent wees! Ivenot bothered this time round, got 2 really good pillows instead, but I've heard very good reports about the one Argos sell as people have been able to use it for nursing too.

WorryWurta Sat 03-Jan-15 10:50:39

I've only used the one - dreamgenii - so I can't compare but I quite like it. I'm not big enough to really need it for support but the design stops me flipping onto my back or right hand side when I sleep which was a problem before!

Findingthisdifficult1234 Sat 03-Jan-15 10:57:25

How many weeks are you worrywurta? I've been sleeping on my back and right side, does it matter then? (Argh panicking now haha!) seems there is so much to think about I keep getting it all wrong!

WorryWurta Sat 03-Jan-15 11:02:10

30 weeks now, I wouldn't worry too much about it - I just read an article that said sleeping on your left is better for circulation but the midwife has never mentioned anything. I think when you get bigger it can make you a bit breathless sleeping on your back.

donkir Sat 03-Jan-15 11:04:24

I have one that's multi purpose sold by Argos. I hate it with a passion and have only used it twice. I'm now 35 weeks. I just end up fighting with it as its not easy to roll over in the night with it stuck between your legs.
The saving grace is that I can use it for feeding and it turns into a nest for baby too.

PenguinPoser Sat 03-Jan-15 12:02:41

I've got the dream genii lite - which is like the bigger one but without the bit for between your legs, just has back and bump support. Seems to be working quite well my back hasn't been as painful this week since I got it and I'm 27 weeks now my bump was needing some support too so it seems to be doing it's job!

Dolly87 Sat 03-Jan-15 12:20:18

Definitely the dreamgenii. I've been using it from about 16 weeks as I just felt I couldn't get comfortable in bed (usually a tummy sleeper) I'm now 24 weeks and couldn't do without it. The other night I fell asleep without in in the bed and woke up with the worst back pain ever! I bought a couple of extra pillow cases for it too. Brilliant and def worth the money. Although I've since heard tkmax have it on special offer xx

applecore0317 Sat 03-Jan-15 12:29:56

I've just got the Boppy pregnancy wedge pillow to support my bump as I get bigger, I then use a cushion between by knees and a small cushion sometimes behind my back, works out much cheaper smile

bagofsnakes Sat 03-Jan-15 20:51:30

I didn't get one during my first pregnancy, though they were a waste of money although by the end of my pregnancy I needed 5 pillows to get comfy. I'm 35 weeks with DC2 and my sister has just given me her old Theraline one and it's the best.thing.ever! Can't believe I didn't get one first time around. I'd buy one, you can always sell it on gumtree to recoup some of the cost and it will be worth it.

pillowaddict Sat 03-Jan-15 21:10:22

I used the dream geni a lot during my first pregnancy and not so much during this one, until about a week ago when I started having agonising groin/hip pain. Using it between my knees to keep the pressure off is really helping!

Bellejessleo Sat 03-Jan-15 22:40:12

I used just a v shaped pillow with both my previous pregnancies, helped me and wasn't too big so it didn't annoy me. Cheaper than the pregnancy specific pillows too and useful for breast feeding afterwards. I'm expecting baby number 3 now and will use it again.

Naomip88 Sat 03-Jan-15 23:10:03

I'm 37 weeks and I didn't get one as I thought they seemed like a waste of money but I sort of wish I had bought one as I have to use so many pillows to get comfy now. Seems to late to bother now!

Teeste Sat 03-Jan-15 23:44:10

I got one of these, don't really like it. I can't stay on one side all night, no matter what anyone says. Hoping I can still use it for BF support etc. I've now ordered a couple of wedge pillows off Amazon, one for either side, in the hopes that this works better and will allow me to roll over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now