Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early labour with subsequent babies...

(6 Posts)
ScouseBird8364 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:55:30

Hi wink

I'm just wondering really whether anybody has gone full term (or thereabouts) with first / second babies, but then laboured early with 3rd, or subsequent?

I'm 33+2 and having many impending signs, I feel like I'm going to go early...

Loveallmyboys Sat 03-Jan-15 08:46:06

No help I'm afraid, all mine have been early! 29+5, 35+6 and 30+5. Bumping this for you. Good luck x

Loveallmyboys Sat 03-Jan-15 08:47:09

Rest assured though that if bubs was to arrive soon, s/he would be little but absolutely fine smile

needaholidaynow Sat 03-Jan-15 14:02:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blackwidow74 Sat 03-Jan-15 14:16:08

My #3 was 11 days late ... #1 arrived 2 days late, #2 2 days early and #4 on her due date!

bagofsnakes Sat 03-Jan-15 20:46:57

Very much in the same boat but no real advice. DS was born at 39+odd days but I'm 35+3 with DC2 and all the signs of impending labour have begun over the past day or so: frequent bouts of intense BH contractions, shooting pains in cervix, pressure low down... can't help but feel that this one will be born sooner. Although now I've said this, I'll probably go two weeks over!

One thing that did occur to me is that maybe signs of impending labour happen earlier in second (third/fourth) pregnancies, even if baby is going to arrive at 40 weeks or later. I suppose it's possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now