Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

severe IBS pain after eating!

(4 Posts)
weelamb123 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:32:02

I am 11+3 weeks pregnant and have always suffered with ibs. But its 10 fold now I'm pregnant. Had a nice dinner earlier and within 5 mins of finishing I had the worst bowel cramps ever. It took me a further 20 mins of sheer agony before I emptied my bowel with terrible diareah. Its all fine now, but that was awful, felt like labour! Anyone got any good remedies to help? Xx

dy14 Sat 03-Jan-15 00:11:43

I am the same its awful isn't it? Id recommend plenty fibre for yourself and not as much carbs! it may be different for everyone not sure but If I eat o much carbs I get really bad cramps. I find drinking alot of water helps slightly !

All the best grin grin grin grin

WorryWurta Sat 03-Jan-15 10:16:36

What did you eat before hand? I'm the same as dy14 with refined sugar/carbs sometimes - I had a dominos early in the pregnancy and thought I was going to die on the loo! Look up the difference between soluble and insoluble fibre. When my IBS-D was super bad I cut out insoluble (proper roughage like bran and brown bread) and focused on soluble (oats and fruit/veg). But it's very individual so maybe keep a food/symptom diary for a week and see what's setting you off?

weelamb123 Sat 03-Jan-15 10:33:39

Thanks girls. I had a bowel of homemade lentil soup then cooked ham, mashed potato and asparagus. So really healthy! I'm going to pharmacy today to see if they'll give me anything xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now