Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Diazepam

(5 Posts)
bev26 Fri 02-Jan-15 20:23:47

Who here has taken diazepam during pregnancy? How frequent and what strength? Xx

TheScenicRoute Fri 02-Jan-15 21:27:37

What for? Has this been prescribed for you?

bev26 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:50:41

Yeah for me, just to stop my phobia of hospitals taking over whenever I go, I honestly have a horrid phobia where I just freak out and cry and panic attack central when I'm there. He said I'm to only take them when I go, they're only 2mg, but the good old Internet has put the fear of god up me!

twilight81 Fri 02-Jan-15 23:54:35

I took 5mg at night from around 7 weeks until 17, I used to get stuck between sleep and awake without it. They where fine with me taking it, but my consultant advised I ween myself off from 15 weeks which I did with no problems.

Firstimemummy15 Sat 03-Jan-15 01:29:31

As far as I'm aware diazepam is a controlled drug and I personally would only take in extreme circumstances (this is coming from someone who wouldn't take paracetamol for a wisdom tooth infection in early pregnancy!). Everyone is different and if these have been prescribed by someone who is aware of their interaction in pregnancy then they should be safe but I would check with midwife. the dentist I saw for Wilson tooth infection wanted to put me on antibiotics and prescribed ones she ' thought' we're safe but when checking with the midwife they wouldn't have advised I take them!! It's a minefield out there and the internet can be useful as well as unhelpful!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now