Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19, scared and ow!

(11 Posts)
Lorinicholas Fri 02-Jan-15 20:23:22

Hi everyone. Me and my partner found out I was pregnant yesterday.. Now I'm starting to get worried. I'm having very strong period like cramps in my lower abdomen, stronger than period cramps I've ever had, as I've always had them mild. I could be anything between 4 to 8 weeks pregnant. Is this normal? I would be grateful if someone could reassure me.. Thanks! X

GlitzAndGigglesx Fri 02-Jan-15 20:26:09

I had cramping at 5 weeks. Midwife said it's fairly normal but to be seen if cramping is accompanied by blood and you're in a lot of pain

GlitzAndGigglesx Fri 02-Jan-15 20:27:02

Btw I took paracetamol and the pain wore off. My pains were sharp shooting ones up my abdomen

Lorinicholas Fri 02-Jan-15 20:28:09

Thanks! That's really helpful.

sleepybee Fri 02-Jan-15 21:11:33

Yep normal you will start to have all sorts of aches pains & wonderful symptoms! I've not worried about anything & only would if I had severe bleeding. Congrats!!

Bair Fri 02-Jan-15 21:54:28

I was 18 when I fell pregnant with DS. It was hard as I has no friends or peers to ask about stuff like this, I was the first going through it.

I'm about 6 weeks with my second now (am 30) and I am also having these cramps. Had them with DS the first time round too. It's everything stretching and getting ready.

I've taken some paracetamol today to help with the pain, I've got my feet up and DH is making me tea.

If you're still worried or have any bleeding don't be shy of getting a medical opinion. Even if you haven't registered with a midwife yet lots of hospitals have early pregnancy units which you can ask to be seen at for reassurance.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, wishing you a happy, uneventful 9 months.

Lorinicholas Sat 03-Jan-15 15:04:09

Thanks everyone, it's great to have mumsnet to help you with these sorts of queries.. My mind is at rest now.. Thanks! :-) xx

Bair Sat 03-Jan-15 17:10:20

How are you feeling today, Lori? Have the cramps eased?

Lorinicholas Tue 06-Jan-15 17:03:26

Sorry I haven't responded it's been a busy few days. No they haven't eased at all, so I'm hoping they'll stop soon. I'm anxious for the midwife to ring me to see exactly where I am with this pregnancy.

Lorinicholas Tue 06-Jan-15 17:03:51

Thanks for asking!

Bair Tue 06-Jan-15 19:02:18

Mine are still going strong to Lori, I rang the Early Pregnancy Unit today as they ramped up a bit and I was worried. Midwife said although she's not physic and can't put a guarantee on it, it sounds normal and I should be fine. I'm having some paracetamol and a warm bath tonight to ease things off.

Look after yourself. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now