Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hemorrhoid so big it's blocking my bum

(30 Posts)
BigCatFace Fri 02-Jan-15 19:33:49

Another sexy pregnancy side effect. I had such severe constipation over Christmas I actually felt it pop out. I've taken stool softeners and laxatives.

It is an enormous pile and VERY painful. It's almost blocking the exit. 34 weeks now- do I wait this out or go see a Dr? TIA

JennyBlueWren Fri 02-Jan-15 19:43:51

Go and see a doctor!

Sasm5 Fri 02-Jan-15 19:50:14

Go and see the doctoral soon as you can are you using any medication ? I had one of these during my pregnancy and unfortunately I left it and treated at home it became herniated and I had to have it removed.

BigCatFace Fri 02-Jan-15 20:19:02

Nothing that would cause this, just had severe constipation.

TipsyMcStaggers Fri 02-Jan-15 20:26:21

You poor thing, I had the buggers bad as well. I asked for scheriproct cream from gp. It's a steroid cream so was a bit cautious however I was in agony with them. Hope you feel better soon

BigCatFace Sat 03-Jan-15 03:49:20

Thank you. Just realised I'm 34 weeks, I might have this in labour, it's so painful. And I wanted my husband to do the perineal massage but don't want him near there now.

TipsyMcStaggers Sat 03-Jan-15 08:54:33

Aww sad I remember being in agony as well and worried about labour.

I got movicol to use to help me go after I'd given birth and still use them now. I still get small piles now 6 months on but they don't hurt now.

Try see the doctor to see if they can help flowers

PenguinPoser Sat 03-Jan-15 09:37:42

Definitely see the GP - in the meantime you could try some basic haemorrhoid cream to soothe them, and ice can help shrink them down as well (although can't imagine frozen peas around there is very pleasant either)!

violetwellies Sat 03-Jan-15 09:42:20

You will be pleased to know you might be stuck with them. Although I never get constipation
I've still got piles 3 years post pregnancy <sigh >

jmojo Sat 03-Jan-15 14:40:17

Try putting a pillow under (along) each bum cheek and thigh when you sit down (so 2 pillows one for each leg) It will let the circulation flow down there. Lie on your side also, basically try to keep the blood flow going down there so it isn't congested. See the GP and get some cream and suppositories to help shrink it. Then lactulose etc & fluids to (try) to keep your movements soft! Most important no rubber rings...they just congest you more.

BigCatFace Sat 03-Jan-15 17:11:43

Would it be out of order for me to call the out of hours doc? I am crying with pain sad

YoullLikeItNotaLot Sat 03-Jan-15 17:13:20

Oh love, if you're crying with pain of course it's ok to call the out of hours doctor.

munchkin2902 Sat 03-Jan-15 17:14:54

I'm having terrible problems with post birth constipation and had just come on mumsnet to look for advice when I saw this thread so I feel for you �� Out of hours doc or is there a walk in centre near you?

BigCatFace Sat 03-Jan-15 17:18:14

I can't walk for the walk in centre, but no, nothing nearby. Cream DH got me isn't helping and I missed my first antenatal class today due to pain and tiredness. I can't get comfortable at all.

BigCatFace Sat 03-Jan-15 18:31:33

Bah doc just rang and said take paracetamol which I am. She said during pregnancy there's not a lot they can do. I can barely walk and have work on Monday- if I take a sick day my maternity leave automatically starts.

Maxis1 Sat 03-Jan-15 19:13:38

Have you tried putting baby oil or any kind of oil oni t? I know it sounds strange but for me it help them "go back in". They always kill me when they get try so I only use wet toilet paper and oil these days

3littlefrogs Sat 03-Jan-15 19:19:19

Anusol HC cream and suppositories.
Ice pack (small packet of frozen peas wrapped in a small towel, you put them inside a clean freezer bag each time you use them and you can re-freeze them. Label them clearly NOT TO BE EATEN).
Lie on the sofa with hips elevated.
Keep on with the stool softeners.

BMO Sat 03-Jan-15 19:25:05

Your maternity leave can't be triggered until 36 weeks, and only if it is pregnancy related - if you call in sick with D&V or a migraine it won't affect ML.

pillowaddict Sat 03-Jan-15 21:13:36

Oh I really feel for you, I had one of these a couple of weeks ago and it was tear inducing agony. I used paracetamol and anusol cream and suppositories, and a condom filled with water then frozen which I put on the outside of my pants to help get comfortable in bed - hurt like hell the first few minutes but it definitely helped to shrink! I'm also 34 weeks and was scared that it would be there for labour, but mine did go after 3 -4 days of severe pain.

olympicsrock Sun 04-Jan-15 12:58:42

Hi I am a doc. If it is very painful and hard you may have a thrombosed haemorrhoid. This means it has blood clot inside. Occasionally we lance these so worth seeing a surgeon. GP can refer you to on call team . Otherwise no treatment until after you have the baby. Lots of sensible advise here. Paracetamol. Anusol ointment. Lying with hips elevated, cold packs. Try using glycerine suppositories to help you go to the loo without straining and use a footstool to put your feet on when you open your bowels to prevent straining.

BigCatFace Sun 04-Jan-15 13:16:55

No treatment til after I have my baby will kill me. I am in agony and I'm doing everything mentioned already.

Sorry if I sound dramatic but I am crying with pain, I can't cope with this.

Longdistance Sun 04-Jan-15 13:23:21

Ice will shrink it. I had this problem after I had dd1, and was constipated in the last month. Ice was amazing, and was given Diclofenac, but don't think you can have that when you're pg.

BigCatFace Sun 04-Jan-15 13:26:15

Ice not helping so far. Am going to walk in but have a feeling I'll be wasting my time.

lemisscared Sun 04-Jan-15 13:31:13

go to A&E i am pretty sure ooh phobe staff remit is to prevent attendance at all cost. it boils my piss but unless the dr examones you she is in no place to declare "no treatment while pregnant". i was told by a ooh dentist (not entirely relevant i know) that all pain that wont respond to pain relief if considered a medical emergency and as such you are entitled to medical attention.

lemisscared Sun 04-Jan-15 13:32:10

Obviously treatment will be limited but they can't leave you like that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now