Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone else feel bloody huge very early?

(24 Posts)
applesmummy Fri 02-Jan-15 16:08:54

I am 10 weeks pg with dc1 and I'm a whale.
People are noticing already, and family keep pointing out how I'm showing. I am surprised I could show this early on, I wasn't small to begin with! Dreading the later days, may have to widen the doors in my house!

Has anyone else popped so early? I read you show quicker in following pregnancies , this is my first!

Do I have anything to worry about or is it normal to be so big so soon?

Allstoppedup Fri 02-Jan-15 16:14:21

I was massive from about 12 weeks! I went on a cruise for DP s 30th at 5 months pregnant and everyone we spoke to assumed the baby was imminent and were surprised we were away so 'close to our due date' grin

One lady smiled at me and said, "ooh the last month is the toughest but at least you only have a few weeks to go" both she and I looked a little horrified when I explained I was only just half way!

Good luck, enjoy all the people who are super nice because they can tell you are pregnant and practice your smile and nod for all of the very repetitive pregnancy related comments!

applesmummy Fri 02-Jan-15 16:19:45

Oh wow I can't imagine a cruise at any time with the morning sickness!

My mum was huge with my sister but I was only young so cant remember how early she showed. People were always surprised she wasn't as far along as they thought!

Fed up of the pg comments already. I refuse to bring it up until someone else does...someone asked me the other day as they ask every time I see them "what do you want it to be?" I replied, "a kitten would be nice"

Number3cometome Fri 02-Jan-15 16:28:30

Yes!

10+6 with DC3 and I have a visible bump which people have noticed.

Normally I have a very slim stomach (although big legs and thighs) but now it is a clear bump.

I have also been suffering with sickness and nausea and have burst capillaries on my face. I look a treat!

Racheyg Fri 02-Jan-15 16:36:03

During my first pregnancy people always commented how big I was but, I was all up front. It got very irritating very quickly.

I am half way and look ready to pop again all up front. Thank god no one has commented yet otherwise I will not be held responsible for my actions smile
X

Allstoppedup Fri 02-Jan-15 16:46:59

Haha. Oh God yes! At 5 months I had just stopped being sick everyday! I was in hospital with hyperemesis from 8 weeks. Certainly wasn't up for cruising then.

As it happens, timing was great. As the sickness had gone, my appetite returned and I think I definitely made mine (and DPs) money back for the cruise tickets in the amount of food I ate. grin

My FIL still jokes about how much I managed to pack away, he said it was like watching clowns getting into a tiny car...he just couldn't believe I could fit anymore in and I kept going! grin

Hope your morning sickness clears up soon. That's such a miserable time!

I found playing metal pregnancy bingo helped with the MANY questions and also enjoyed looking puzzled when a stranger commented. There is nothing quite as funny as seeing the raw panic on the face of someone who thinks they have just incorrectly commented on a pregnancy! -- I may be evil--

pinkie1982 Fri 02-Jan-15 17:49:21

I have had a 'belly' since 6w. It's my first and it's difficult to hide. Scan is this week sprint have to hide much
Longer

RiverRocks Fri 02-Jan-15 22:20:39

Firstly, congratulations!

This is my first pregnancy too (although I had a mmc at 6 wks previously) and I was showing from 9 weeks. I'm now 28 weeks and also get people saying 'not long now'.

I was about a stone overweight before, so it's not like I was really slender, but I am all bump. Looking at me straight on, I look a bit pudgy. From the side, I am huge. BUT when I was measured at 24 weeks I was dead on. Think it just depends on the way your body carries it!

The hardest thing has been my lack of spatial awareness - I keep walking into things with it because I'm just not used to being this shape!

LIG1979 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:36:44

With both my pregnancies I had a bump in the 1st trimester due to bloating. It then went down around 11/12 weeks for a few weeks before the real bump appeared.

Racheyg Sat 03-Jan-15 08:09:20

Forgot to add, Congrats everyone on your bumpsgrin xx

TinyCaterpillar Sat 03-Jan-15 08:22:06

Yep! I'm 12w and look about 4-5mo already. The same thing happened in my last pregnancy, I was really fed up by the end of people commenting on how huge I was (it's not like I didn't know!) but like river I measured bang on throughout and didn't gain much weight. I think I'm just small and the bump goes straight out as it has nowhere else to go! My top tip is don't tell randoms your due date, just nod and smile when they say 'not long now...!' or you'll be ready to kill soon smile

dietcokeisgreat Sat 03-Jan-15 18:16:02

Yes. Witth ds1 i didn't gain weight or look pregnant til about 20wks+. Went into maternity clothes 25-28wks.

This time...16wks in have gained 6-7kg and have a bump already. Think lack of abdo muscles ....feeling HUGE and very hungry. Have got out the maternity clothes yesterday but don't qite need them yet.

ChickenMe Sat 03-Jan-15 18:45:39

Oh the sickness. It's so depressing. Ice lollies, sorbet, sparkling juices and fruit helped me if you've not tried these?
I was bloated out from day one. I'm frigging huge now (27w) and it's all belly! And out of breath and walking at a snails pace lol

PiSeas Sat 03-Jan-15 19:56:36

Wait. The fun is yet to begin, especially with the endless "are you sure there's only one in there?"
I had this from 5 months on. I put on just under 2st whilst pregnant but fair enough to every single person who saw me- my tummy was properly huuuuuge. I heard people commenting when I took a flight to Spain at 30 weeks xx

applesmummy Sun 04-Jan-15 14:14:33

Thanks for the replies! Happy I'm not alone smile and congrats and good luck everyone currently pg x

Thankfully I had an early scan at 7 weeks, 2 days and measured exact to the day and there is only one in there so I can tell the twins questionners where to go ;)

Thanks for the sickness tips, ChickenMe, I haven't found anything that works yet but it seems to be getting worse for me rather than easing off. I wasn't very sickly at all to begin with and recently its hit me like a train!

Crystal049 Sun 04-Jan-15 15:42:25

I'm 7+3 and I'm huge already, had to go out today and get maternity trousers so that I'm comfortable at work! Is this normal? First pregnancy also, just feel really bloated. Congrats all, it's such an exciting time. X

D00dles Sun 04-Jan-15 16:24:59

Yes! I'm 9wks and I have a round tummy. I'm usually a slim size 8 and with my DD I carry up front. I had an early scan and she went looking down near my pubic bone but baby was to the left of my belly button. With my DD bump did slow down and I was measuring small at 30wks+ and had to have extra scans!
I'm also in maternity trousers I'm back at work tomorrow and I'm sure people with start to notice... Awkward!

abbiebunn Sun 04-Jan-15 17:51:16

Oh yes!
I'm 18w and huge! And have been since 6w. Before my 12w scan people thought I was 6 months pregnant then! I am quite slim and petite and my bump is huge, my husband loves it tho smile

I've suffered with sickness since the start and it's still not going yet lol

GinFace Sun 04-Jan-15 20:19:02

I'm 6 weeks. Second pregnancy. I AM HUGE.

I started a thread about it grin I'm in maternity jeans. Dreading going back to work tomorrow and having to try and suck it in.

My DS was a huge baby and my bump was massive, so I think my stomach muscles are shot. Joy.

I'm hoping the bloat will disappear soon and I'll be slightly less blimpish.

Bigbadgeorge Sun 04-Jan-15 20:23:40

Yep !! I got a proper bump around 10 weeks (dc2) and now feel huge at 22 weeks and have done for a month. I wasn't overweight when I got pregnant and lost 10lb from sickness but have maybe been a bit of a trougher since smile
Way bigger than first pregnancy and feel uncomfy already

Guyropes Sun 04-Jan-15 21:39:28

LIG1979 With both my pregnancies I had a bump in the 1st trimester due to bloating. It then went down around 11/12 weeks for a few weeks before the real bump appeared.

I am anticipating this to be the case for me. Tummy feels so tender!

Looking forward to it being a bump and not just an ouch all the time

Discopanda Sun 04-Jan-15 23:56:17

Yep, 6 months and look ready to pop. People say I'm not that big but I feel effing huge :-(

BlinkAndMiss Mon 05-Jan-15 09:27:00

Yes! I'm 17 weeks with my 2nd and have eaten my way through 17 weeks of nausea. I had only lost 2 stone of the weight I gained with my 1st, I still had 2 stone to go and I've gained loads lately. It's not so much 'bump' although none of my trousers are comfy around my middle any more so I think some if it is. The depressing thing is that I felt like a whale last time and when I've tried on my maternity clothes they're too effing small! Not in the bump area but everywhere else. So not only do I not fit in my maternity clothes, I now have to go and buy a new batch of maternity clothes to make me look a bit smarter than I currently do. I keep reminding myself that no one really cares what I look like, it's expected in pregnancy, but 4 girls I work with are having their 1st babies around the same time as I'm due - they are all lovely and small with neat bumps and great style. I, on the other hand, look like a blimp sized sweaty mess. So much for the pregnancy glow!

Anyway, try not to worry - it's for such a short amount of time and most of it is bloat until 20ish weeks.

rosedavo Tue 06-Jan-15 19:57:23

Even though im 5"2 and a size 10, ive always had a bit of a belly, but Ive looked pregnant since 9 weeks, im now 17 weeks and I feel like I already look huge. Everyone keeps saying your huge, even got called chubby by my father in law :l

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now