Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone got terrible night sweats?

(8 Posts)
Mummytogoldie Fri 02-Jan-15 12:18:03

I am only 5 weeks pregnant and have no symptoms yet apart from night sweats. Is this a symptom of pregnancy? I am waking up in the night a few times absolutely soaked in sweat and shivering like mad !! Pregnancy related? It's very weird shivering like crazy when I am covered in sweat x

Aquarius1 Fri 02-Jan-15 16:49:52

Hi MummytoGoldie I had the same thing at around 5 weeks - woke up with damp pj's a few times, and then panicked about whether my overheating had harmed the little bean. i've read that it is a pregnancy symptom. I'm now around 7 weeks and no longer overheating but instead i keep waking up in the wee small hours with cramps sad I'm so grateful we've finally got a bfp but wish it wasn't so uncomfortable!

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 02-Jan-15 17:55:38

Yes I had it 3-6 weeks, it was one of the reasons I guessed I was pregnant (I had it with dc1 too)

NorbertDentressangle Fri 02-Jan-15 17:59:14

I just saw your thread title and thought "Yes! Me! I'm getting terrible night sweats" and clicked on the thread hoping to find fellow sufferers.

It was only then that I saw the 'pregnancy' bit.

As I'm late 40s, peri-menopausal and DP has had the snip I don't think this is my thread after all wink grin !

Mummytogoldie Fri 02-Jan-15 18:30:20

Lol norbret well you can still join in x does everyone shiver with them? I find it weird that I am soaked in sweat but shivering like mad x

GingerbreadPudding Fri 02-Jan-15 18:52:18

I got these early on, used to tie my hair up and put a towel under me. Horrible. It didn't last so hopefully yours will go too.

smogsville Fri 02-Jan-15 21:33:13

I never got them in pregnancy, but after DD was born, I think for up to a month! No one warned me that could happen so I was quite concerned. Don't know if having had an ELCS had any bearing on it. I tried to sleep on a towel but it needs to be a really big one as inevitably you move around in sleep. Good luck.

Notamumyet81 Fri 02-Jan-15 23:49:27

Hi, I had terrible night sweats with my last pregnancy (unfortunately it ended in m/c at 11 weeks). I had the night sweats the whole time, it was so annoying to wake up soaked through every night and I found it made me much more tired the next day. I took to sleeping only in my knickers, with a towel under me and the bedroom window open. I still woke up soaked through, but at least without wet PJs stuck to me!

I mentioned it to the doctor when I was in hospital as I was worried it might have been a bad sign. But he said it wasn't and is just hormones. The sweats continued for about a week or so after my m/c as well, until my hormones went back to more normal levels I guess. Incidentally I usually wake up sweaty the night before my period starts too.

I'm pregnant again now, nearly 5 weeks and no night sweats yet but I have been waking up feeling really warm lately so they might be about to start up again.

I really hope this symptom passes for you soon as it is no fun!

best wishes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now