Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please look at this picture and help me

(27 Posts)
EvieB86 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:10:43

Hi guys, could someone help me? I took this test this morning and I an unsure of the answer. One line is faint so does that mean I am pregnant or not?

I have never been pregnant before so not very aware of how these tests work

Thank you so much n advance for any advice you can give me

Bicnod Fri 02-Jan-15 10:12:15

A line is a line. Doesn't matter how faint it is. Congratulations flowers

SoupDragon Fri 02-Jan-15 10:12:26

I think it's a possibly pregnant. I had one that faint and then had my period start a few days later so it isn't a guarantee.

PiSeas Fri 02-Jan-15 10:12:37

Yup! That's a positive

Tranquilitybaby Fri 02-Jan-15 10:13:16

Yes it does, congrats. When was period due? The line should get darker every 48 hours

EvieB86 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:16:21

oh my god, thank you so much guys! period is late by 6 days and having other symptoms like sore boobs etc. Will make an appointment on Monday with the doctor to confirm.

ChazzerChaser Fri 02-Jan-15 10:18:28

Evie, congratulations! The dr will just believe your test as they're so reliable these days. At my place (and I know others too) you just book in with the midwife, no need to see dr.

Tranquilitybaby Fri 02-Jan-15 10:19:21

The only thing I would say, not trying to put a downer or anything in your good news, but if you're absolutely sure of your dates and have regular periods, the line should be quite dark at 6 days late. Leave it a couple of days and test again. Xx

MrsCakesPrecognition Fri 02-Jan-15 10:19:53

Congratulations flowers
Don't expect too much from your GP, they will probably just accept that you have taken a test and refer you straight to the midwife. They don't routinely retest or check you physically.

EvieB86 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:22:45

Thank you so much for the info chazzer, as you can tell this is my first time so not clued up on what to do. Will make an appointment with the midwife instead then. Oh my god I cant stop smiling lol

EvieB86 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:25:46

Also I agree with you Tranquilitybaby. Not telling anyone until I am 100% sure. I know how these things can be misleading and be wrong. So will retest again then go from there. My periods is always regular, never been late, but I will not get carried away lol

mumxof3x Fri 02-Jan-15 10:32:51

Nooo that is not faint, if you look at the box it says your not pregnant if you just get the one line going across so that would always be there pregnant or not. The strong line you have going from top to bottom of the screen is the result line. That is not faint, it has just made the other line faint because most of the dye has gone into your result line. You are definately pregnant. Congrats

applecore0317 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:37:15

That looks exactly like the test I took when I was around 9 weeks (am 19 weeks now) and had already had a scan, it's the vertical line that you are paying attention with with that particular test and that's a strong line smile Congratulations

m33r Fri 02-Jan-15 10:42:10

Nothing faint about your line! Congrats!!!

EvieB86 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:42:45

Cheers guys! you are all fantastic with the help, cant thank you enough smile

Tranquilitybaby Fri 02-Jan-15 11:04:39

Oh so sorry ignore my comment, didn't wabt to worry you!! Xx

ChazzerChaser Fri 02-Jan-15 11:37:14

Evie my pleasure. There are loads of things you don't have cause to know unless you're in that position. But you're in the right place! I remember being utterly confused by the difference between baby vests, baby gros and sleep suits which seems to simple now!

weelamb123 Fri 02-Jan-15 16:03:54

Yes, I agree. Defo pregnant. Congrats xx

hippymama1 Fri 02-Jan-15 18:35:32

Congratulations! If you want further confirmation (I did!) and don't mind shelling out for another test, check with a Clearblue Digital... I ended up doing three tests in the end ;-)

Congratulation again!

Dogsmom Fri 02-Jan-15 20:18:06

That doesn't look faint to me smile

I took about 3 in my first pregnancy as I wanted to be certain but this time used the clear blue digital one that shows the words 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' so that I had no doubt.

It was about £10 from the supermarket but still cheaper than repeating the other tests and worth it to know for defininte.

Coconutty Fri 02-Jan-15 20:22:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EvieB86 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:00:07

Thank you guys! Thought I would make myself a bit clearer here, when i talk about a faint line i am talking about the one going from left to right. I thought it had to look like a clear plus sign ( + ) lol

Thanks again

Tranquilitybaby Fri 02-Jan-15 22:12:20

That's where I got confused for a minute Evie!

mumxof3x Sat 03-Jan-15 08:49:54

No evie, that is just the control line. It would be strong had your test been negative or your result line been faint, but your result lines so strong the dye has mainly been sucked into that if you see what I mean. That would not even be there if you wasnt pregnant. You just need to concentrate on the intensity of that line and not the horizontal line. Its a positive. Its just the same as a first response, when the result line ends up getting strong it makes the control line very faint. Thats all thats happened there. But if you do want to settle your mind, use a dif test smile hope that helps x

sebsmummy1 Sat 03-Jan-15 09:08:30

I agree. It's the vertical line that is the test line and that's as strong as!! Best advice is get you a digi and see the word Pregnant, it makes you believe it more than lines do.

Congratulations xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now