Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

In pain and had enough ;(

(9 Posts)
MrsN1984 Fri 02-Jan-15 06:17:11

I'm 34+6 and currently in day four, episode 2 of crippling pain in my right hand side of of my stomach which is now creeping in to the top of my leg.
First time it happened, I went to triage in the labour ward after calling & they said go in. Baby was fine but couldn't find anything wrong with me.
I'm now finding it hard to pee to the point I've emptied my bladder and paracetamol is no longer helping with the pain.
I can't sleep or get comfortable.
Not had an easy pregnancy as it is but I can't take much more confused

Has anyone else suffered this sort of pain and what was it?
Not sure I can go through another 4/5hrs being ignored in triage

MrsN1984 Fri 02-Jan-15 06:23:01

Ps - has two urine tests this week showing nothing & it's not BH hmm

Psmith83 Fri 02-Jan-15 09:03:02

Hey OP
I think you need to kick up a fuss- it doesn't sound like normal pregnancy pains. A&E? 111? Your doctor? Someone who will listen and take it seriously.

MrsN1984 Fri 02-Jan-15 09:19:58

Didn't think about 111 - thank you.
Seeing my GP is as realistic as seeing a snow leopard in Africa and don't get me started on my MW shock
Will see if 111 can suggest anything x

Bambooshoots14 Fri 02-Jan-15 12:36:53

Sounds like the baby could be lieing on a nerve? Gets quite common as you get bigger

MrsN1984 Fri 02-Jan-15 13:43:07

So 111 suggested seeing my GP, can't get an appt so they said waiting in a walk in clinic but that it doesn't sound like anything serious.
Don't think I can face a long wait today so will try a bath and hot water bottle and see how I get on.
The next 5 weeks are going to be long confused

Bambooshoots14 Fri 02-Jan-15 14:31:11

Usually your midwife team will have an emergency number and they'll fit you in or a clinic you can go to? The number was on my notes

GingerbreadPudding Fri 02-Jan-15 15:03:57

Have you got one of those gym balls? I find bouncing on, leaning on etc one of those sometimes helps me to feel better and moves baby so if she's sitting on a her e you might get some respite.

MrsN1984 Sat 03-Jan-15 23:08:03

Midwife suggested elevating my legs and so far, seems to be helping.
Husband has banished me to out bedroom and won't let me do a thing. Hoping bed rest does the trick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now